Still waiting. I know its difficult for retailers to justify keeping a set this big in stock, but just the same: Waiting 8-14 days for delivery when you're really eager to get your hands on something truly sucks balls.

Oh, bum... Just had this from Marks Electrical:

Dear [name redacted]

The H75M7900 you ordered is currently out of stock.

We have received an estimated delivery date of 15/08/2016 from the manufacturer. This is the earliest date the manufacturer estimates they will be able deliver the item to our warehouse. This date may be subject to change.

We will email you again once we receive a more accurate estimate from the manufacturer.

Best regards,

Customer Services
Marks Electrical

Now, bear in mind I ordered this a week ago... Not their fault, but for me, I really don't think they should be taking my money without having a firm idea of when it will be delivered. I think a lot of people, informed of a delay of at least a month at point of sale, would try to get it elsewhere. Now going elsewhere seems like a faff since no one else seems to have it in stock either. Looks like I'll have to wait...

Review will be a while coming then.

Oh, bum... Just had this from Marks Electrical:

Dear [name redacted]

The H75M7900 you ordered is currently out of stock.

We have received an estimated delivery date of 15/08/2016 from the manufacturer. This is the earliest date the manufacturer estimates they will be able deliver the item to our warehouse. This date may be subject to change.

We will email you again once we receive a more accurate estimate from the manufacturer.

Best regards,

Customer Services
Marks Electrical

Now, bear in mind I ordered this a week ago... Not their fault, but for me, I really don't think they should be taking my money without having a firm idea of when it will be delivered. I think a lot of people, informed of a delay of at least a month at point of sale, would try to get it elsewhere. Now going elsewhere seems like a faff since no one else seems to have it in stock either. Looks like I'll have to wait...

Review will be a while coming then.
Richer Sounds also sell these if you fancy getting a refund and trying there. What price did you get Marks Electrical down to?

Same as Richer. Richer doesn't have these in stock either and told me they'll be getting a shipment of 'stuff' from Hisense on 28 July, but, astoundingly, could tell me neither whether the shipment contained any of these particular TVs, nor if they were already preordered by other parties.

A thinly veiled way of telling me they're in the same boat as Marks, methinks.

Frustratingly vague of RS indeed!. Did you buy from Marks at the current RS price?

Yep. All a big shame, really. I'm patient, but this is set to be a real test.

Amazon are showing usually dispatched within 2-3 days.... but I'm not sure if that can be trusted as its from a third party.

Hisense has released the Sharp version on the display in the US.

Hisense Ships Sharp 75″ 4K Ultra HD LED LCD TV | HD Guru

Not convinced it's the same, actually. I know Hisense now own Sharp etc. but this display 'offers 10.7 billion colours' – so it's a 10-bit panel. Unless I'm mistaken, the Hisense is 8-bit. Real shame Sharp don't/won't sell this in the UK, though I suspect with the awful £/$ ratio we get on electrical goods, combined with the recent slump, we'd be paying £3k or more for it if it did.

Have looked everywhere else that stocks the Hisense 75M7900 now. No dice. I really am going to have to wait a month for it. Fuming.

I could afford up to £4-4.5k for a set, actually. It just comes down to how much I will be able to appreciate all those 'big on paper, very minor in practical regard to viewing enjoyment' extras you get with a more 'premium' set. The biggest thing putting me off cancelling this and getting a Samsung or a Sony is lack of 3D. Find it staggering that a set that costs 5k has no 3D compatibility, especially when it's just a software thing. A self-evidently stupid decision because look: Here's me not buying one.

I know most people don't care about it, but I really do enjoy a 3D movie from time to time – not least because 3D really comes into its own on a display this large.

So unless anyone can think of a 75" 4K 3D set with HDR, released this year, that is in any danger of being in stock anywhere, I'll be waiting.

Last edited:
I have to confess when I posted that link I wan't that convinced either, oh well maybe you should just wait, i know its painful but it'll be worth it in the end. I have one of their 50" jobs in my bedroom and its amazing what you get nowadays for under £500, its better than my old 60" LG livingroom tv which cost over £1000 a few years back

Yeah, and my 50" Panny is 7 years old! (I had to check that). With that kind of gap, almost any 2016 model is going to look amazing to these eyes – and the German reviews say this set is awesome, so...

Yeah, will just have to suck it up and wait. Pah!

Last edited:
Thanks. But ordering from abroad opens a giant can of worms if something goes wrong with the set. That's because the manufacturer's warranty is only valid in the country in which the item is purchased. If something isn't right with it, Hisense can and will shrug their shoulders and tell you there's nothing they can do. Moot, though, since this store only serves Spain anyway.

Thanks, though.

Last edited:
Still three-four weeks till possible delivery. To those watching this thread, yes, I'm stood by the door every day tapping my feet.

Patience is not my strong suit.

Still three-four weeks till possible delivery. To those watching this thread, yes, I'm stood by the door every day tapping my feet.

Patience is not my strong suit.

Really eager to see what you think

Small update: Discovered that this TV actually hasn't been released yet. Apparently, and this is according to a phonecall I had with Marks Electrical, news of this model was released in May so Hisense could be part of the 2016 release hype - this, even though the TV was far from ready to ship to retail.

One or two units have since found their way into the hands of (German) reviewers, but the OFFICIAL release date for this set is 15th August. No one has one yet, which is why there are no user reviews to be found ANYWHERE. This is what I've been told - I cannot vouch 100% for the veracity of this information.

Confusing as hell, but hey, at least I didn't try ordering one back in May/June. That would have been a hell of a wait.

Yeah, BT don't use Euronics (used by Marks, Richer, Crampton etc.) as their supply chain provider, hence the lower price, too. That'll be why they have them first. Sadly they don't have a finance option – not buying this set outright as I just don't have that kind of cash lying around. Kind of tied in now.

Last edited:
Right. New plan. Not waiting a month on principle. So, have cancelled my order with Marks, applied for credit through a third party and will then order from BT shop as soon as approved. Saves me £250 and a month-long wait. Also feels better to be doing something about this than sitting here twiddling my thumbs.

Having said that, BT Shop's version of 'In Stock' is not 'we have these in our warehouse'. Checking into the FAQs reveals that 'In Stock' means they have to get it from an unnamed third party, which may present exactly the same 'not till mid-August' problems I'm already experiencing. I've emailed BT Shop for clarity.

I have a feeling I'm going to end up back where I started.

Last edited:
Won't richer sounds price match that so you get a 6 year warranty?

Obviously I doubt they have stock, but if BT are also waiting for stock it might be worth a call to richer sounds?

I'll see what BT Shop says tomorrow, then double-check stock availabilty with Richer Sounds. You're right, Richer would be better and they'll have to match price, but it really comes down to whether either or both will make me wait a month. If there's just a few days or less in it, I'll probably go with Richer.

The biggest thing putting me off cancelling this and getting a Samsung or a Sony is lack of 3D. Find it staggering that a set that costs 5k has no 3D compatibility, especially when it's just a software thing. A self-evidently stupid decision because look: Here's me not buying one.

I know most people don't care about it, but I really do enjoy a 3D movie from time to time – not least because 3D really comes into its own on a display this large.

So unless anyone can think of a 75" 4K 3D set with HDR, released this year, that is in any danger of being in stock anywhere, I'll be waiting.
The 2016 Sony sets do indeed do 3D! Bad decision by Samsung to stop 3D on their 2016 sets, but Sony and Panasonic still very much do 3D.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom