HISENSE 70NU9700 Owners Thread

pupsta8910

Established Member
Reaction score
So i went to purchase the old 75" hisense but now out of stock / end of line.

Ended up getting the HISENSE 70NU9700 ordered from Richer sounds. They only had 2 in stock.

I got this last week and its a brilliant TV. Picture quality on standard HD is awesome and UHD even better! Im no "TV" geek but 70 inches of joy! . I have yet to wall mount it as need work done to living room but also have the Sony HT-ST5000 . Great combo!

Did get some motion blur but have tweaked the settings and all good.

TV has a nice Chrome / silver edge. Its so big im currently resting 1 leg on a Brick as im waiting to mount it and put in a new white gloss cabinet all away across. Will upload some pics.

2lcn4g2.jpg

inspirational.

Well now i have it off the brick sorry. and mounted in

Now time to plaster paint, then sort my units out. Will be clamped / bolted together, gloss fronts, then frosted glass top with uplighters inside to make the glass nice and colourful .

Looks good. This is much better than the 75" edge lit M7900. Did we ever find out how many dimming zones it had? Steve said 128 for UK, in Europe they were saying 240 and the equivalent model in the USA was suppose to have 320 zones. Do you know how to use the youtube video to count the zones on the edges and multiply. This has their Quantum Dots color as well so they should really pop.

Not sure mate, got a link how to do that i can test and let you know?

Will go online and have a try after work .

Here is the video:
youtube.com/watch?v=1P4FNftgQOQ

Set the display to maximum brightness. View at slight angle. You just count the number of times the dot gets brighter. It does it for the top then the side. Then you just multiply the 2 numbers and it gives you the number of local dimming zones.

Anyone found any reviews of this anywhere yet? I am moving house shortly and considering this, the Sony ZD9, or upsizing to the 65" LG OLED C6V. Don't think the C7V is worth the extra £1,500 premium.

What did you do to eliminate motion blur.
Apart from that what is your overall experience with the this tv.
I'm thinking of getting one very soon so any pros and cons could
be extremely helpful.
Thanks Keith Simons IOW

Very interested in this TV. Has anyone else bought one yet? Last year's Hisense offerings were very tempting but the banding/clouding lottery issues were just too off-putting so I've held off until now. Will be watching this thread with anticipation.

What did you do to eliminate motion blur.
Apart from that what is your overall experience with the this tv.
I'm thinking of getting one very soon so any pros and cons could
be extremely helpful.
Thanks Keith Simons IOW

Without being home to check it was just playing around with the motion judder / blue settings. Cranking them up / down. i think default is 5/5 and "smooth" . Will repost later when home.

As for TV, in UHD wow its amazing. Is it worth £3,000 ? probably not as its just a TV but if you want to splash the cash on a big screen its a beast. I orginally was going for the older model being 75" and being 1k cheaper, but could not find stock and i needed the TV to make my stud wall so spent the extra dosh. I do not regret my purchase put it that way. The apps seem quite smooth although i mainly just use Sky Q + Ps4.

Im not a TV geek, i just know it gives a good picture, no cloudy, bleeding that my eye can tell. Plenty of inputs.

IT also looks nice mounted.

Oh if they done a 75/78" model for not too much more i would done that :) you easily get used to 70 when its up and running. The MRs was not happy saying it taking over room , now she loves it

Without being home to check it was just playing around with the motion judder / blue settings. Cranking them up / down. i think default is 5/5 and "smooth" . Will repost later when home.

As for TV, in UHD wow its amazing. Is it worth £3,000 ? probably not as its just a TV but if you want to splash the cash on a big screen its a beast. I orginally was going for the older model being 75" and being 1k cheaper, but could not find stock and i needed the TV to make my stud wall so spent the extra dosh. I do not regret my purchase put it that way. The apps seem quite smooth although i mainly just use Sky Q + Ps4.

Im not a TV geek, i just know it gives a good picture, no cloudy, bleeding that my eye can tell. Plenty of inputs.

IT also looks nice mounted.

Oh if they done a 75/78" model for not too much more i would done that :) you easily get used to 70 when its up and running. The MRs was not happy saying it taking over room , now she loves it

Good to see you're happy with it. Do you mind if I ask a few questions?

1- What's the distance between the mounting holes and the top of the TV? Our TV mount is quite high up on the wall and I want to make sure it will fit comfortably.

2- What's the input lag like when gaming? Do you notice any delay or does it feel smooth?

Good to see you're happy with it. Do you mind if I ask a few questions?

1- What's the distance between the mounting holes and the top of the TV? Our TV mount is quite high up on the wall and I want to make sure it will fit comfortably.

2- What's the input lag like when gaming? Do you notice any delay or does it feel smooth?

1) Will have check when home for you buddy, will take a look tonight
2) So far played fifa, Motor GP 17 (HDR) - No lagg / blurr etc. - You do have "Game Mode" which is to assist with any "lagg". Motor GP i have bikes flying everywhere and i think the colours are just amazing.

I bought SANUS VLF311 B2 37 - 84 inch Cantilver TV Bracket

Wall mount. The TV just "hangs" on the poles top and bottom very easy to install and the added bonus it can sit flush, tilt, and left/right and also pull out so i can get to cables easy. £150 but worth it very good bracket.

inspirational.

Well now i have it off the brick sorry. and mounted in

Now time to plaster paint, then sort my units out. Will be clamped / bolted together, gloss fronts, then frosted glass top with uplighters inside to make the glass nice and colourful .
Love this! Very clean fit and finish :smashin:

Well I wanted to buy it from Richer Sounds but ao.com currently has a £400 trade in deal for your old tv and today only because of the amazon prime sales they're offering a further £40 off, so all in all it's gonna cost me £2560 delivered. So I've pulled the trigger. Won't be delivered until the weekend though. Most expensive thing I've ever bought outside my car... Hope it's worth it!

How about the settings for the ultra smooth motion what did you settle on?

My mini-review of the TV. Sorry, it's a bit all-over the place.

It arrived at the weekend. The box it came in was about 5 times the width of the tv and a good foot taller on each side, but it had the nice black inserts in the side so you can pull them out and then the sides of the box come free to lift up over the box base and tv meaning getting it out of the packaging is a breeze. The base was already attached which was nice for anyone not wall mounting it, but meant I had to lay it down (on it's back) and remove the 7 screws to get it off. It was nice and snug but came off easily. The feet aren't right at the end of the TV like some of last years bigger screens so it fits better on shorter tv stands (I didn't measure the length so can't give you specifics). It's a bit big and heavy for 1 person to lift and wall mount, so please use 2 people. It didn't come with mounting screws but I got M6 screws 25mm and they fit great with my wall mount.

Picture quality is fantastic. I've also turned off smooth motion, The soap opera effect is pretty strong which I'm not a fan of. I've noticed some slight clouding in the top left and a dark spot in the very top right of the screen, right in the very corner, but both are only noticeable when you have a solid white screen. Can't notice anything at all while watching something. Picture is clear. I'm not happy with the default settings of the tv, it's a bit dark and possibly a bit too red, but I will wait for someone better than me to suggest better calibration settings.

Glowing Hisense logo can be switched off which is nice, and the even though it has a bezel round the edge when you're watching something it seems to fill the whole TV, and it's a BIG screen. It's a good 4.5/5 meters away from where I'm sitting and it's still awe-inspiring. I didn't notice any banding but I'm not a sports fan so haven't tested it with football which is usually a good test, and if i can't see it, I'm not gonna go looking for it, because then I'll never unsee it!

I've got my PC hooked into it as I use it as a monitor. At first I had it plugged into the Arc (HDMI 1) port and I was only getting 720 as the default resolution and I couldn't up it. I moved it to HDMI 2 and it instantly recognised it as 4k 60hz. Using it as a monitor is an absolute pleasure. I can't test it as a 4k gaming pc yet as my old graphics card would just laugh at me, but I haven't noticed any input lag, and the text on screen is incredibly readable and scales perfectly on windows 10 (though I had to reboot it first to get the scaling to kick in)

Built in Netflix is great, responds quickly to a press of the Betflix button and the picture is fantastic. I can't seem to browse movie subcategories though or browse specifically for 4k titles so finding something to showcase the screen was a hassle. Netflix 'original' shows were the best bet, and they looked great. A few even have HDR but I have to admit I've no idea how to check if the HDR was working or not, couldn't find an option to toggle it on and off. Subtitles were huge, BIG WHITE TEXT THAT COULD BLOCK PARTS OF THE PICTURE, and no way to change the size or colour that I could see, but it was a minor complaint that we will live with.

Got an AV Receiver that I don't have hooked up yet, It says to hook it up from the ARC hdmi on the tv to the arc port on the receiver, but when I did that, it just said 'no signal or weak signal' and it doesn't recognise it. So I'm a bit confused what the arc port is actually for, it won't give me 4k and it won't work with the receiver so either I'm doing something wrong (quite likely) or there's an issue with the port? Not too sure at this point. I'm coming from a non-smart 32" tv that had a single hdmi and a 720 default resolution so all this new-fangled technology is still a little over my head.

Sound without a sound bar was very good. I'm no audiophile, but it came out loud, voices were clear and explosions sounded ok, I can't turn it anywhere near full volume, in fact not even to half way volume before it gets too loud so no idea how it sounds louder than that.

Overall I'm incredibly happy with it. I'd like to sort out whatever I'm doing wrong with the Arc input, and get some better picture settings but other than that it's great.

Thanks for the detailed early review @xxxPeanutxxx

I'm particularly interested in DSE (Dirty Screen Effect). I would watch a lot of football/golf and pretty much every LCD I've owned has had this to a certain degree. My current main set - LG 55" OLED C6V has no DSE or banding whatsoever. I am moving house soon and hoping to upsize to 65 or 70".

It would be very interesting to see how many local dimming zones this set has and also how good it is with HDR content. I'm sure the reviews will come soon :thumbsup:

Thanks for the detailed early review @xxxPeanutxxx

I'm particularly interested in DSE (Dirty Screen Effect). I would watch a lot of football/golf and pretty much every LCD I've owned has had this to a certain degree. My current main set - LG 55" OLED C6V has no DSE or banding whatsoever. I am moving house soon and hoping to upsize to 65 or 70".

It would be very interesting to see how many local dimming zones this set has and also how good it is with HDR content. I'm sure the reviews will come soon :thumbsup:

It has 128 dimming zones.

Most likely it is 128 for UK, but there were some reports the European model had the old backlight with 240. The US one was suppose to have 320, but that was most likely a mistake and the 70" model has seemed to disappear from the US websites. Someone could do the zone count when the have the time.

Almost 2 months since this set was release and I've yet to see a single review. Would have thought with this being a flagship model the top reviewers would have been all over it.

Thanks for sharing that @pemtium

Does anyone know if Plex is available on this TV from the app store? Thanks!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom