HiSense 65XT910 Owners Thread

I'm gonna have to get this and the JS9000 on at the same time and watch something on both, it's impossible to know how this compares overall without direct comparison, avatar has worried me slightly tonight cos I have never been anything but blown away with the picture on avatar but tonight it was a bit meh, need to have it up on both TVs to check whether I'm imagining things...

Get it calibrated. I wouldn't look to much into it until then. When Steve get a tester it will be good to see if the picture settings are up to dialling in a accurate picture. Until then don't pull yourself to pieces looking for problems

Get it calibrated. I wouldn't look to much into it until then. When Steve get a tester it will be good to see if the picture settings are up to dialling in a accurate picture. Until then don't pull yourself to pieces looking for problems
It's the old catch 22 though isnt it, what if I pay £200 to get it calibrated and it's the same, £200 down the drain basically..I suspect there are firmware issues right now that would make a calibration risky, theatre mode in 3d for example looked completely wrong with a red tint to everything. Makes sense to do some comparisons so I know I'm not imagining things and it will rule out equipment factors as well...

It's the old catch 22 though isnt it, what if I pay £200 to get it calibrated and it's the same, £200 down the drain basically..I suspect there are firmware issues right now that would make a calibration risky, theatre mode in 3d for example looked completely wrong with a red tint to everything. Makes sense to do some comparisons so I know I'm not imagining things and it will rule out equipment factors as well...
Yes I agree don't get it Calibrated till you know you be happy. Personally I would try run both your tv side by side first

Yes I agree don't get it Calibrated till you know you be happy. Personally I would try run both your tv side by side first

I meant wait for Steves review and then get it calibrated. Sorry if it wasn't clear, brain not engaged this morning.

Yes, that would be a good thing to do. It would be nice to compare both on the same SD and HD channel to check how is the up-scaling in both and how they deal with the same program.

Do you have a way of splitting a Blu-Ray signal? I would also be nice how the both handle good quality signal.

If the X910 is not significantly better than your JS9000 then it might not be worth pursuing it any longer.

Hopefully, there will be a firmware update solving the little glitches you have had so far.

Zandy1 what is your av chain reading in the french review he was saying make sure all your av sources to the tv are only out putting a 1080p signal to the tv just in case you have something upscalling to 4k aswell as the tv

Zandy1 what is your av chain reading in the french review he was saying make sure all your av sources to the tv are only out putting a 1080p signal to the tv just in case you have something upscalling to 4k aswell as the tv
Well all of my sources go through my denon avr1912 amp and it doesn't upscale to 4k, currently I have no way of splitting the signal so I cant currently watch a bluray on both screens for example. I can though watch the same Netflix 4k stream on both TVs at the same time, the contouring in skyfall I can check on my JS9000 seperately anyway but I certainly don't remember seeing it on that before. It's going to be tricky whatever I do cos the only place really I can put the hisense apart from where it is now in front of the JS9000 is on the floor which obviously isn't ideal! Really frustrating that work is getting in the way of comparing, not enough hours in the evening with the rest of the family wanting tv time as well...
Oh and that skyfall pic
uploadfromtaptalk1448443012300.JPG

Andy what mode you using now, aslo are you gonna try the french cally settings. and if you aint its worth using the cally disc for thye usaul black white and sharpness and colour if your tv has blue filter on sammy, and also using the french settings on the hisense.

Andy what mode you using now, aslo are you gonna try the french cally settings. and if you aint its worth using the cally disc for thye usaul black white and sharpness and colour if your tv has blue filter on sammy, and also using the french settings on the hisense.
I'll try the French settings tonight, used the avshd disc last night to set the brightness but comparing Netflix on the JS9000 and this this morning it definitely needed the brightness increasing on this to bring out all of thr detail that was in the JS9000 with it's settings as they were...

I'll try the French settings tonight, used the avshd disc last night to set the brightness but comparing Netflix on the JS9000 and this this morning it definitely needed the brightness increasing on this to bring out all of thr detail that was in the JS9000 with it's settings as they were...
but thats could be gamma and it could be a bit of both, depends if ones high and ones low, the cally could help with flattening the gamma but it might make it worse, Its a hard one to know, I have done 2 sony 75" in the last month and both out the box have been so close its unreal.

LG Facing Dilemma Over Future OLED TV Production As Samsung Strips Share With Quantum Dot - Smart Office

This would look ominous for OLED if it were to come to pass.

Hope this ULED tech can get even better and flat panels to come soon as the more I look at the curve the less I like it.

That is sheer bum fluff that article - I don't think LG have come this far to start backing down when they are so close to mass-producing OLED panels. I am not sure that Quantum Dots have done much for anybody who has invested in the "technology" thus far (apart from the marketing departments) - sure you may have a degree of future-proofing but then again perhaps the tv's released thus far simply won't cut it moving forward.

I would have thought that companies like Samsung have more worries at the moment. At the top end they have OLED competing with their premium priced Quantum Dot displays. At the other end they have new Chinese companies like Hisense producing highly specified displays for lower prices. Samsung are therefore being squeezed from both sides.

It will be interesting to see how well OLED sells given its premium price. Personally I think it will sell well to those of us who are quality conscious and don't feel that LCD has yet caught up with the last generation of Panasonic plasmas. How well it will sell to a price sensitive general public I don't know.

It will all depend on how well LG can differentiate their OLED sets and maintain a price premium. I really hope that they don't feel that they shouldn't market their advantages too hard for fear of affecting their own LCD sales.

I'd be surprised if hisense aren't waiting till the next firmware is ready before providing a review sample..

This would look ominous for OLED if it were to come to pass.

Hope this ULED tech can get even better and flat panels to come soon as the more I look at the curve the less I like it.

Ulimately OLED is a better technology. It doesn't need a backlight, adjacent pixels can be 100% on or off, prototypes have been rolled and folded, and it should be much cheaper than LED as it evolves. What is unfortunate is that unlike LED TVs it is relying on one company to refine the process, with the rapid price drop LG have managed it is harder for other manufacturers to recoup their initial start up costs.

That is sheer bum fluff that article - I don't think LG have come this far to start backing down when they are so close to mass-producing OLED panels. I am not sure that Quantum Dots have done much for anybody who has invested in the "technology" thus far (apart from the marketing departments) - sure you may have a degree of future-proofing but then again perhaps the tv's released thus far simply won't cut it moving forward.
QD Vision to tackle Rec.2020 capable LED TV manufacturing
QD Vision to tackle Rec.2020 capable LED TV manufacturing

Technomen you seem to be in the know, when can we expect new firmware any idea?

Hisense are releasing an update end part of next week as my mate has spoken to their customer service about it

I'm like you any precise date, but after the information here and there soon!
He is not going to know because as I said even there customer service person doesn't know an exact date

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom