HiSense 65XT910 Owners Thread

I've already downloaded the latest version from hisense website. Now running F1211 but all the problems mentioned still exist. Is this the latest beta version your talking of? Definitely hasn't fixed 4k 60hz for me if so.

Attachments

• 1461603285503.jpg
    1461603285503.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 84
It's so frustrating cos it seems to have been on sale for week but no opinion or videos released on the 75m7900.
It's a shame they didn't release the 65m9600 and 65m9800 at the same time then I could form an opinion on what to get.
As it stands I just need a tv period and I'm fed up of waiting and 75 inches is sweeeeet having viewed a £4000 sony in the flesh. Having said that the blacks were terrible and it wasn't very bright. I couldn't find the nits of it but I know the 75m7900 is 400 nits peak brightness. Really don't want to buy blind.

Has anyone seen one in a richer sounds or crampton and moore anywhere?

I haven't heard or seen anything about the 75" Hisense but I can tell you to beware of the Sony 75". My brother just bought one, kinda prompting me to get a 4k hence why I'm in this thread. At the moment he's waiting on his 3rd set from Currys due to backlight clouding and banding. Not what you expect for £4k tv. 75" does look amazing though, makes 65" seem small!

Scott I can't see the image, presumably because I'm a new member on here.

I haven't heard or seen anything about the 75" Hisense but I can tell you to beware of the Sony 75". My brother just bought one, kinda prompting me to get a 4k hence why I'm in this thread. At the moment he's waiting on his 3rd set from Currys due to backlight clouding and banding. Not what you expect for £4k tv. 75" does look amazing though, makes 65" seem small!
Can you remember the model number of the Sony 75 inch please?

I've already downloaded the latest version from hisense website. Now running F1211 but all the problems mentioned still exist. Is this the latest beta version your talking of? Definitely hasn't fixed 4k 60hz for me if so.
Scott I can't see the image, presumably because I'm a new member on here.
g0412 is the newest beta firmware and its not available to all, worth asking hisense.

before my xt910 I had a samsung and sony both cost 3.2k and both had major banding and i had 4 of each.

g0412 is the newest beta firmware and its not available to all, worth asking hisense.

Is this only available from hisense themselves? Nowhere to download?

Is this only available from hisense themselves? Nowhere to download?
It worth getting it from hisense(chris hallas) he will explain a few things to do after instalation.

This one:

SONY BRAVIA KD75XD8505BU Smart 4k Ultra HD HDR 75" LED TV

Its a 2016 model but from what I've seen with the 2 he's had and sent back I think there's some definite quality control issues at least with the 75". Fingers crossed 3rd one is OK.
Yeah that's the one I saw in currys. Any idea what it's peak brightness is?
How does it get on with 4k blu ray in regards to hdr?
I don't understand why currys aren't demonstrating 4k blu ray yet!!!??
I don't want to see demos that time has passed.
I want to see real world content. Things I would actually watch on it at home.

Ps I'm not interested in this model as £4000 is way too much. I'm just trying to work out how the 75m7900 compares to it as it's £1500 less.
Does anyone know the 2015 alternative of both models and how they compare?
I gather the hisense one is k700 what would the Sony one be?

Weird why does 4k 30hz look perfect!?! Like really freaking amazing compared to 60hz. Can't accept 30hz though but it is good to know that it might be fixable. How do I change the 4:4:4 to 4:2:0? Sounds like a graphics card setting rather than a tv setting.

HiSense 65XT910 Owners Thread

You will see a post on that page with the edid fix, page 174

Yeah that's the one I saw in currys. Any idea what it's peak brightness is?
How does it get on with 4k blu ray in regards to hdr?
I don't understand why currys aren't demonstrating 4k blu ray yet!!!??
I don't want to see demos that time has passed.
I want to see real world content. Things I would actually watch on it at home.

No idea about blu ray. He's a huge sports and PC gaming fanboy so that's all I've seen on it. Everything is really spot on with the picture except for the clouding in dark scenes and banding during pans on footy matches. No idea about brightness either since I haven't seen HDR yet but can tell you it gets very bright on max backlight setting. I'd say its brighter than the xt910. No doubt.

No idea about blu ray. He's a huge sports and PC gaming fanboy so that's all I've seen on it. Everything is really spot on with the picture except for the clouding in dark scenes and banding during pans on footy matches. No idea about brightness either since I haven't seen HDR yet but can tell you it gets very bright on max backlight setting. I'd say its brighter than the xt910. No doubt.
Maybe it was the rubbish sony 4k hdr demo that made it look so dim then.

Skid, I had the same problem. I tried everything, faked the EDID, i got an okay picture at 4K 30Hz, but it was still not perfect: after a while, there were blurry text sections and even some jitter, which is totally inacceptable (by contrast, I had a pixel-perfect 4K picture on an LG 65UG870V, or even on a cheaper 4K TV by Hisense). The (German) support only sent me an ineffective, even older firmware and that they had no clue when new firmware was going to be available. Not with a single word did they mention the EDID or the PC 4K image problem or whether they were going to fix it, which is why I sent the XT910 back.

Skid, I had the same problem. I tried everything, faked the EDID, i got an okay picture at 4K 30Hz, but it was still not perfect: after a while, there were blurry text sections and even some jitter, which is totally inacceptable (by contrast, I had a pixel-perfect 4K picture on an LG 65UG870V, or even on a cheaper 4K TV by Hisense). The (German) support only sent me an ineffective, even older firmware and that they had no clue when new firmware was going to be available. Not with a single word did they mention the EDID or the PC 4K image problem or whether they were going to fix it, which is why I sent the XT910 back.

Really? Wow well that doesn't fill me with confidence. I know what your saying about the text being blurred. Its like the pixel clock isn't locked and some of the image isn't stable.

I've also tried hacking the EDID using the Custom Resolution Utility app and the .inf provided by another member on here. It get's rid of the grey blacks but blurred image is still there. I've also noticed some clouding in the corners now the blacks are fixed.

I've heard people say this tv is 2015 panel with 2010 electronics and I'm definitely seeing some truth to that. Its as if the tv is a first gen 4k where they could only handle 30hz. Very poor showing from hisense.

The tv plays 4k 50/60fps stuff via usb no problem so i believe its an issue with something but not that the tv can do it.

Has anyone contacted Chris from Hisense regarding 4:4:4 issue at 4k60hz?

He is supposed to be aware yes, it was brought up on the 720 thread a while back.

Spoke to chris this morning and he seems positive as usual that the issues will get sorted, he said there is a firmware due out soon(some are already getting or got) which fixes a utube bug, but the big update should be end of may, he also mentioned that a copy all function has been added(to copy all calibration settings from one input to another and sources) also that theatre mode is gone and its called cinema now and there will be a day and night mode,,,, so if that is the case thats great and thing i asked for a while ago, so lets hope they add a gamma adjustment in.
he said the problem is he has to speak to germany and they speak to (main base)

I asked about 4k 60hz at 444, and he seems to think its not supported only 4k60hz 422.

Seems to me like they rushed this set to market when its firmware wasn't anything like ready. A £1900 tv that doesn't support 4k 60hz 4:4:4 and that claims to be HDR is unheard of. There's much cheaper sets out there that support it so I've no idea what hisense are doing.

Thanks for the help and advice guys. It was worth a shot but the Panny DX902 is looking like a better fit so I'll be arranging an exchange for that. Hope hisense sort out the issues for existing owners.

Seems to me like they rushed this set to market when its firmware wasn't anything like ready. A £1900 tv that doesn't support 4k 60hz 4:4:4 and that claims to be HDR is unheard of. There's much cheaper sets out there that support it so I've no idea what hisense are doing.

Thanks for the help and advice guys. It was worth a shot but the Panny DX902 is looking like a better fit so I'll be arranging an exchange for that. Hope hisense sort out the issues for existing owners.
you may well be right, but they wouldnt be the first, i had a samsung plasma like that, Hisense never said the tv would have hdr originally thats been added so a bonus when it happens.

the 444 he said thinks it didnt but could be wrong, im trying to find out.

either way happy hunting, the 902 has its own issues.

If 4:4:4 is not achievable then it would be a real shame and I may have to pass on this set :( My room should be finished in 2 weeks and will need to buy a Tv so hopefully Chris can confirm whether this is the case or not. If not may just have to go with the panasonic 65CR582 for£1499, unless Hisense release some concrete info about 2016 models.

I cant find any documents to see whats supported.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom