• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question HISENSE 65N5750 DIRECT LED

ugz69

Standard Member
Does anyone own this TV? How does direct tv differ from edge lit other than the obvious, zero light bleed? Better contrast/dimming?

pmoppy

Established Member
I was just about to post the exact same question!.

AO.com, John Lewis and Argos all have it listed as 'new' with no reviews :(

For £640, a 55 inch 4k HDR (8bit + frc) Direct lit tv seems to be great value! It surprises me that it actually has direct lit LED at that price.

Im actually in the process of returning my 55m6600 as it has clouding issues in light scenes (There are some light grey vertical 'clouds' which are visible especially when watching sports) Apart from that its great so happy to stick with hisense.
I wont touch the LG's at simlar prices as they have the fake 4k RGBW panels. So was looking at the Samsung 556100

Edit: sorry noticed you asked about the N5750 (65inch) I was looking at the 55 inch but guess the same logic still stands:)

ugz69

Standard Member
Definitely, can't find a single review on this TV, you'd of thought direct led would be better than edge lit surely. I've just returned a faulty 65M7000 and am also happy to stay with hisense the spec you get for the price is excellent and build quality is also top notch, black levels on the m7000 were also brilliant but the m7000 is so hard to find now for the £850 I paid so looking at N5750 as a replacement

pmoppy

Established Member
Yep im struggling to find one.
I had the 55m7000 but that went back (Bad November batch).

It may seem odd to stick with a brand where i have sent two models back. However I saw philips 4k set at my mates the other day, and the Hisense was streets ahead.

Think I may order from John lewis who are usually pretty good with returns if its no good

ugz69

Standard Member
Just an update on the 5750, it's seems that though it is direct led there is no local dimming meaning the leds' are just permanently lit which isn't ideal for deep contrast and black levels so think ill try to hunt another m7000 out or find a refurbished 65ks8000

pmoppy

Established Member
Just an update on the 5750, it's seems that though it is direct led there is no local dimming meaning the leds' are just permanently lit which isn't ideal for deep contrast and black levels so think ill try to hunt another m7000 out or find a refurbished 65ks8000
Just been doing some reading up on the difference between direct and edge.
Even though it doesn't have local dimming (Which I turned off on my 55m7000 as it was too obvious it was happening) It still looks like it could be a good buy.
There possibly wont be such a high contract / dark blacks (But you would suffer that with edge lit without local dimming anyway) But what you should get it s nice uniform picture with no edge bleed.

michael ex

Established Member
I've been bouncing around a few 43-50 inch 4k's these past few days and i keep returning to the 45N5750 despite the fact that no display models for any of the Hisense range can be found locally . The 49N5700 can be found for a mere £40 more but as i use the pj for most of my film viewing i quite like the idea of a 45" screen. Reading up between the two models there does not appear to be much difference in the specs. Probably just need one recommendation from one of you good people to sway me because i'm procrastinating myself into a hole ATM!

ianjukes

Standard Member
Also interested in the 45” 5750. Went to John Lewis and Richer Sounds today to see if I could find a 5700 or 5750 display model but neither had them. The John Lewis guy said they don’t keep Hisense in store, only online.

salomao

Novice Member
Sorry for the off topic but I couldn't find any other thread for this specific device. So here is my question:

How can I watch iptv channels in this TV? I can't find any iptv app...

Please help me here

Obsgamer

Established Member
Sorry for the off topic but I couldn't find any other thread for this specific device. So here is my question:

How can I watch iptv channels in this TV? I can't find any iptv app...

Please help me here
There is one you can get called something like smart IPTV , you go to the website to input your links and they show up on your TV . Tried it ages ago but not near my TV now to check name , If you need me to i will find it tomorrow

salomao

Novice Member
There is one you can get called something like smart IPTV , you go to the website to input your links and they show up on your TV . Tried it ages ago but not near my TV now to check name , If you need me to i will find it tomorrow
I know SMART IPTV and I use it with onother TV (Samsung) I have. The problem is HISENSE store has no iptv apps to install.

Obsgamer

Established Member
I know SMART IPTV and I use it with onother TV (Samsung) I have. The problem is HISENSE store has no iptv apps to install.
I have it on my hisense TV with the foxxum app store but hisense have gone onto opera app store with newer TVs so sorry it may not be available on yours

You need a cheap android box plugged in then you can install what you want , Kodi etc

salomao

Novice Member
I have it on my hisense TV with the foxxum app store but hisense have gone onto opera app store with newer TVs so sorry it may not be available on yours

You need a cheap android box plugged in then you can install what you want , Kodi etc
That is ridiculous... I have to buy a TV box to turn my top high tech SMART TV into a decent TV....
Umbelieveable

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom