Hisense 65A6200 or 65U7A

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by cobraman2008, Jan 11, 2019.

1. cobraman2008

cobraman2008

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Right. I am going to buy a new TV this weekend to replace my 10-year-old LG PG6000 Plasma which is suffering from dead pixilation. It has been a fantastic piece of kit but now I need a replacement.

The two contenders from Richer Sounds are:

- Hisense 65A6200 for £649
    - Hisense 65U7A for £799 (down from £899 since last night)

I definitely want a 65 inch TV and it will primarily be used for watching TV (I don't play games). I have a Sky Q Box so will run YouTube and Netflix from that box so not worried about poor internet connectivity on the TV.

I want a solid TV which allows me to watch HD programmes but will upscale SD to a watchable standard. 4K will be used for SkySports and Netflix. I'm not too clued up on HDR as I don't have a professional eye for that sort of thing but I would like natural tones on people's faces and a good viewing angle at the very least. Deep blacks would be beneficial too - especially coming from a plasma.

So which one do I go for?

2. Angelo M

Angelo M

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
  3. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,962
    To summarise:
    The upscaling of each TV will be redundant if you are watching using Sky Q. You can't set Sky Q to output the resolution of the source so it will handle the upscaling itself. From purely an upscaling perspective it therefore makes sense to buy cheaper.
    You'll have to choose between good viewing angles and good picture quality from the front.

Which panel type should I choose for my TV?

Hisense models all use VA panels with narrow viewing angles, but better contrast, blacks and general screen uniformity.

If you want better viewing angles you'll have sacrifice those traits for the sake of the TV not looking washed out to the side.

There are best buys listed for both narrow and wide viewing angle needs here: My best value TVs, 2018-2019 Edition

One thing I will say is to avoid 3:2 pulldown judder using Sky and watching films you will need to go for a TV with a 120hz panel, the cheapest recommended models for that would be the Hisense U7A (narrow viewing angles) or the LG UK series (wider viewing angles). For even better viewing angles the Sony XF70 or XF75 series would also be good but they generally cost more so aren't as great value.