HiSense 60" TV powers OFF when watching Ultra HD content (H60NEC5600UK)

Edge21

Novice Member
Hi all, long time reader. Hoping someone can assist. I have a frustrating problem with my recently out of warranty HiSense H60NEC5600UK TV.

About 2 weeks ago, I tried watching the Final of the Euros in Ultra HD on the TV's in-built BBC iPlayer app.

90 seconds into watching the content, my HiSense TV went into stand-by mode by itself. I tried again and the same thing happened. Assumed it was a glitch with the iPlayer app.

Unfortunately, now when I try to watch ANY content in Ultra HD using the in-built iPlayer, Netflix or a completely separate 4K Amazon Fire Stick, the TV goes into standby mode after just 5 seconds of playback.

Sky HD (1920 x 1080) works completely fine and I have no issues with watching that or Freeview. Only Ultra HD content (3840 x 2160, HDR 10) is affected when previously everything worked fine.

I've done the usual power reset and reset to factory defaults but no dice.

I spoke with HiSense today and they are pointing me to a repair as I'm now out of warranty and the factory reset didn't work! I'm incredibly frustrated as I can't watch any Ultra HD content the TV was designed for.

Does anyone know what the issue might be? Or had similar issues? Many thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom