Hisense 58A7HQTUK Bedroom TV?

Metal8

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Looking for a cheaper type TV for the bedroom. Have an LG OLED in living room.
Costco have a Hisense 58A7HQT reduced to £399.
I can’t find any reviews or independent info.
Indeed I can’t find much info about it at all as the usual models out there seem to be the A7GQT.
Found it on Hisense website of course.
Is this a new 2022 model so no real reviews yet?

Thanks

There aren't any good cheaper TVs nowadays, and all will auto-engage HDR from internal apps which will conclude with a messed up picture.

Best to just buy as cheap as possible and perhaps for bedroom use try and get a model that uses VA panel technology instead of IPS. Certain sizes make that easier to shop with than others, for example 58" and 50" size TVs are always using VA type technology which makes the Hisense you found a decent option.

I think you'll end up regretting buying a cheap TV, and would have wished in the future you would have put the cash towards a better model. That's how I feel about my cheap TCL bedroom TV, despite it being a bedroom TV.

There aren't any good cheaper TVs nowadays, and all will auto-engage HDR from internal apps which will conclude with a messed up picture.

Best to just buy as cheap as possible and perhaps for bedroom use try and get a model that uses VA panel technology instead of IPS. Certain sizes make that easier to shop with than others, for example 58" and 50" size TVs are always using VA type technology which makes the Hisense you found a decent option.

I think you'll end up regretting buying a cheap TV, and would have wished in the future you would have put the cash towards a better model. That's how I feel about my cheap TCL bedroom TV, despite it being a bedroom TV.
Thank you very much Dodgexander.
I was looking at 50” models as well so good to know they will be VA too.

I’ll keep an eye on prices but maybe wait until after Christmas then.
Got a great deal on my main TV around that time.

Cheers

I’ve seen a Hisense 50E7HQUK at Costco for £299.
Going to get it I think.

Good decision, you are better off spending £300 when there are TVs that sell for £800 that won't be any better.

Good decision, you are better off spending £300 when there are TVs that sell for £800 that won't be any better.
👍🏻 Ordered and Black Friday £10 off voucher for next Costco purchase. Happy with that.
Thanks Dodgexander.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom