Hisense 55U8QFTUK £719.98 instore at Costco

Just found out there is newer 901 firmware i might download later and try out.
It seems this TCON board fix doesn't work either.
yes the last updated for the moment is version k0901 by OTA at some and via USB by some others available at Hisense France!
for the TCON module the Hisense USA support says this time it's the right part.
wait & see.
FW k0901 for the 65 ":
FW k0901 for the 55 ":

Last edited:
Just read this on the us forum:

So far Hisense has said that red ghosting is a hardware problem. So there have been no fixes in firmware and the recommended TCON board swap did not work for me. See post 4 of this thread for a summary and additional resources on the red ghosting issue.

I would say if you can check the TV out and get a good set then it makes a great gift. If you can't there is a risk that you might get the red ghosting issue. We have folks reporting it in TVs manufactured as late as September 2020. You can still return it after purchase, but don't know have that impacts your gifting. Check out the YouTube from FOMO who says the H9G is a great value even with the ghosting. Me personally I want this saga with red ghosting to be over.
Fomo link

yes the last updated for the moment is version k0901 by OTA at some and via USB by some others available at Hisense France!
for the TCON module the Hisense USA support says this time it's the right part.
wait & see.
FW k0901 for the 65 ":
FW k0901 for the 55 ":

Just updated via usb from the french web link and it worked perfectly, I have also done a factory reset.
I fired up doom eternal and the picture quality is even better, the black's are deeper with better contrast and sharpness.
I tried gears of war 5 and in the scene at the first mission when you go inside and the robot turns your light on and its dark, i slowly moved around and there is the usual slight motion blur but its not red its like my benq 4k 32 inch va monitor. i have always found this on va panels. but i tried gears 5 yesterday on the older firmware and it did have a red tinge to it but i think this tv i have isnt as bad as the h9g thank god.

I will try gemini man and other games and upload pictures after.

This is the type of ghosting seen on the samsung q90t playing gears 5, check it out at 5.24 around the characters.
When i tested it on the same dark scene its nothing like this and its very slight with a white trail.
The issue has been fixed for the samsung in a update.

Looks like the overdrive artifacts you find on a monitor to me and it needs dialing back. maybe they could put a setting in the menu for the hisense.

Just a quick question, what's the benefit of a 120hz panel that throws half them away like the U8qf? I assume there is some benefit.

A 120hz panel refreshes its image 120 times a second for smoother motion, i haven't seen any judder on mine.

I understand that when it actually shows 120 frames but apparently this only shows 60 with half thrown away. I guess it does something but I don't understand how

Here are the up to date photos of gemini man with new firmware etc

IMG_1349.JPG
IMG_1350.JPG

IMG_1352.JPG

this is gears of war 5 slight inverse ghosting and nowhere near as bad as the samsung q90t.

The wires hanging from the girder show slight white inverse ghosting, the image was moving when i took the photo.

IMG_1345.JPG

It was out of stock online for me too but they had plenty I store so worth walking in mate.

I am considering buying one...

Can anyone advise what the picture quality is like using Sky Q, Netflix, Amazon Prime ?

Does the TV have any issues with stuttering / juddering like the current Samsungs do, when watching certain content ?

How's the motion on this set for those that have? Thinking of a 65inch and it'll be my main set so ps5, football, golf. Going off dodges review it's a good HDR set

From Trusted Reviews on U8QF

Construction is robust. From the V-shaped pedestal to the fetching material that covers the integrated front-firing speakers, the U8Q has the hallmarks of a well put-together set.

On the Hisense H9G (similar to U8QF)

The Hisense H9G has a good build quality. The plastic on the back is solid and there isn't much flex, except for near the inputs, where the plastic bends a bit more. The border around the TV is metal, giving it a more premium look. Overall, the TV is sturdy, and there aren't any issues.

From RTINGS on Samsung
  • Mediocre build quality. Samsung TVs, in general, don't have stellar build quality. A lot of plastic is used, and it isn't unusual for some parts of the TV to come off after some use.

sorry for the problems you encountered with your U8QF frake50 !
Of course, fixing with screws like the old TVs is better but I think they used glue glue to prevent light leaks.
to confirm.

its not about screws, even the glue will never avoid issue of white spots ... this U8QF had white spots on screen more than any other sets U7 or early too. but because of the backlight setting so high and all 264 Leds lids on.. no way to you watching at dark or less light room.... unless you wear sun glasses..lol

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom