Bargain Hisense 55U8QFTUK £599 (Costco, membership required £15)

Mallers

Standard Member
How does hisense stack up vs say samsung q95a or a panasonic jz1500? im assuming not as well but would i be seeing huge difference or not much of one, based on just free to air tv, streaming and 4k discs? id look at either U8 or i think theres a U9 later this year maybe?

had a look at one yesterday - shockingly bad blacks. Spend a bit more as they had the SONY 55a8 for £900 in costco - light and day better for not alot more money

Ruffuz

had a look at one yesterday - shockingly bad blacks. Spend a bit more as they had the SONY 55a8 for £900 in costco - light and day better for much much much more money

Hisense is £500 atm in Costco, so I fixed you post.

Also, Sony is not £900 but £1150...

And no, black is not shockingly bad. It's actually proper good for TV at this price point.

Last edited:

camy252

And no, black is not shockingly bad.
Was surprised to hear this as well, blacks on VA panels tend to be excellent and haven't heard anything to suggest the Hisense is any different.

Ruffuz

Was surprised to hear this as well, blacks on VA panels tend to be excellent and haven't heard anything to suggest the Hisense is any different.
Seeing TV in the shop tells you nothing, unless you adjust picture mode and settings.
And of course that OLED will have better blacks.

And no, black is not shockingly bad.

Yes £900 in Chester Costco yesterday for a Sony 55A8 -( call them up if you don't believe me) so no reason to buy an LCD for this money.... And yes the black was grey... not black. It also had smearing when moving - so motion blur too

Ruffuz

Yes £900 in Chester Costco yesterday for a Sony 55A8 -( call them up if you don't believe me) so no reason to buy an LCD for this money.... And yes the black was grey... not black. It also had smearing when moving - so motion blur too

its still 500 vs 900, thats almost double.
As for black, setting was probably completely off as this TV has fantastic black.

Madao

And no, black is not shockingly bad. It's actually proper good for TV at this price point.

I think it's expired now?

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom