Hisense 55U7A or Panny 58EX700B

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by nhoj, Jul 25, 2018.

1. nhoj

nhoj
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Hi all,

Went over to my local RS, to look at the Hisense. They didn't have any for display, so the sales rep suggested the Panny as a better alternative. They had the 49 version of the Panny on display and it looked good. Was also looking at the Sony X700 blu ray player too. He offered me both the Sony and Panny for £809.

Use mainly blu ray, but later will either be Netflix or Amazon. Don't watch terrestrial tv at all. Room size 4m x 3m. Coming from a Sammy UE40H5500.

Any advice on either or better would be welcome.

TIA.

2. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,407
    The Panasonic isn't a bad tv but I'm not so sure that is really a good deal considering its a 2017 model. Its more similar in performance to last years Hisense N6800 and this years A6 series than the U7A.

The problem is this time of year. Its hard to think of alternatives that are still available and are at a good price. Most 2017 models that were good value alternatives have sold out whilst the Hisense is the only TV from 2018 that is priced competitively as newer models have only just been released.

If you can still find one of the mid range models in the guide here it will be a better buy: My best value TVs, 2017 Edition at a good price.

3. nhoj

nhoj
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Thanks @Dodgexander, have been checking out that thread for the past week or so. Was in town today so popped in to check the Hisense. Do you reckon that I should go for the 55U7A then. With the Sony that is still about £800. Thanks

4. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,407
    If you need to buy right now it's hard to beat at that price. If you can wait around 10 months from now, Black Friday if lucky, there may be more alternatives in the 2018 ranges from other manufacturers around that price. But Hisense are about the only manufacturer that doesn't inflate their RRP of new TVs so they are a lot better value when they have just been released compared to other manufacturers.

I wonder if there is a reason Richer don't have them on display, I heard that a lot last year too. Perhaps they don't make as much when they sell them?

Is there a reason you haven't looked at some 2017 models?

One of these two would be better value for instance:
    Samsung UE55MU9000 55 inch Curved 4K Ultra HD HDR Smart TV | Crampton and Moore

Sony KD-55XE8577 55" 4K HDR LED Television with Android TV in Silver | Crampton and Moore

Yes, you pay a little more for the Sony but I'd say compared to the Hisense its a slightly better overall package, the Samsung is cheap because its a curved model but an absolute bargain at that price. Another user is happy with purchasing that TV here: Answered - Confused with Samsung models - compare MUxx and NUxx TVs (49"/50")

These are just some TVs I've found in a quick search, there may be other bargains out there including refurb/open box deals too if you look hard enough.

5. nhoj

nhoj
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Thanks again, no rush to buy. Quite happy with my 40" Samsung at the moment, really good PQ from what I can tell. I was just looking at upgrading my LG blu ray player. Won a few hundered on the Irish lotto and started looking!!! As I said, I have been looking at most of what you posted, and thought I would go have a look. Thanks for your input and your time. Will just keep on looking and following your recommendations, and hopefully don't pee the money up the wall!!!.

6. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,407
    Well, its definitely worth waiting and keeping an eye on some potential model pricing over the year. Make a shortlist of TVs that you are interested in and may drop into your price range and track pricing on them. You can even set price alerts on websites like pricespy.co.uk

But all the TVs we have discussed would be shrewd purchases so I don't think it would be throwing money buying one of those now.

What would be throwing money away would be paying release prices on one of the newer 2018 models from Samsung/Sony/panasonic and alike.

7. nhoj

nhoj
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I will keep looking, but I would like to purchase from JL or RS. They are in town and would be easier to return if??? Will keep an eye on all the posts on here for updates.

Thanks again for your time.

8. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,407
    No worries!
    Easier to return in the sense you can actually take the TV back to the shop? Yes maybe. Maybe a disadvantage compared to buying online though if you want to return the TV because you are unhappy within the first 7 days.

The reputation of each seller is probably most important. Crampton and Moore are a good company, as are John Lewis and Richer sounds when it comes to customer service so no problem whichever you go for I think.

9. nhoj

nhoj
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Been dealing with Richer Sounds for over 10 years and never had any problems with them. So like to keep going where I know the service is good.

10. Bluehedgehog83

Bluehedgehog83
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi, newbie here, I got a Hisense 55u7a yesterday and just wanted to say what a fantastic tv it is, got a Sony main tv and using the Hisense for my Xbox one x.
    Took no time at all to set up picture needed minimal tweaking, connected my virgin box and picture is amazing much better than my Sony and old Hisense that this replaced, s/d is great, HD brilliant and 4K really amazing.
    Gaming wise it is spot on, I thought I’d give it a hard time by putting call of duty ww2 on first and it blew me away amazing looking, picked up the hdr straight away and as for lag (which is my enemy online) it was spot on, in fact I’m getting a few more kills each game just down to the tv I think.
    Screen wise and I know it depends on the so called panel lottery, no clouding, uniform blank screen, great blacks fantastic highlights.
    I know I’ve not had it long but I will report back if any issues occur.

11. nhoj

nhoj
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Thanks for the revue. Not in a rush to buy so will keep looking. Just got car insurance and tax at end of the month, so tv put on the back burner. Would still be interested on your thoughts once you've had it for a few weeks.

12. Bluehedgehog83

Bluehedgehog83
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Ok cool, I’ll post more info as I try different things with it.

13. Hbo212

Hbo212

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    Hi are u still happy with the hisense?? Really interested in getting one myself