Hisense 55nu8700... Anyone have one, experience of owning this TV?

jimmythehill

Established Member
Reaction score
I have only really heard from one person on here who has this TV, Daryll i think, but surely there must be some other people who have this TV... Thoughts please [emoji4]

Have you seen the review for the 65" version. Everything that applies to that should apply to the 55" too.

Hisense H65NU8700 4K LED TV Review

A decent TV, but a bit of a flop. Overall Sony 55XE85xx/Samsung 55MU7000 are probably better options.

Although I would also be interested to hear from owners. Haven't met any myself.

Have you seen the review for the 65" version. Everything that applies to that should apply to the 55" too.

Hisense H65NU8700 4K LED TV Review

A decent TV, but a bit of a flop. Overall Sony 55XE85xx/Samsung 55MU7000 are probably better options.

Although I would also be interested to hear from owners. Haven't met any myself.

You say a bit of a flop, however it's an AVForums recommended TV!
The only criticism from Steve, really was the out of the box HDR (which was sorted with callobration) and the advertised brightness of the TV not been upto scratch...

Anyways, I've bit the bullet and purchased the NU8700 & LG SJ5 soundbar bundle from JL.
The TV is arriving Monday - I am no TV connoisseur, but I'll do my best to give an honest review after I use it.

JH

You say a bit of a flop, however it's an AVForums recommended TV!
The only criticism from Steve, really was the out of the box HDR (which was sorted with callobration) and the advertised brightness of the TV not been upto scratch...

Anyways, I've bit the bullet and purchased the NU8700 & LG SJ5 soundbar bundle from JL.
The TV is arriving Monday - I am no TV connoisseur, but I'll do my best to give an honest review after I use it.

JH
Its more because Hisense we're making you believe in the pre-release documentation that this was going to be a 1000nits HDR TV that makes it a flop. As a mid-range model its on a par with the other mid range models like the XE85xx series and Samsung MU7000. Let us know how you like the TV though and congrats on your purchase! Hope you like it.

Its more because Hisense we're making you believe in the pre-release documentation that this was going to be a 1000nits HDR TV that makes it a flop. As a mid-range model its on a par with the other mid range models like the XE85xx series and Samsung MU7000. Let us know how you like the TV though and congrats on your purchase! Hope you like it.
Of course buddy and thanks.
Price for the TV had dropped significantly since it's release. Think it was about £1200 initially, way, way too much for what it is.
I had my heart set on a sony xe9305 but, I think the other half would castrate me if i spent that much on a TV...
£699 was much easier to swallow.
Been looking for a half decent soundbar and the SJ5 seems to be getting a lot of plaudits, which made me get the bundle.

Of course buddy and thanks.
Price for the TV had dropped significantly since it's release. Think it was about £1200 initially, way, way too much for what it is.
I had my heart set on a sony xe9305 but, I think the other half would castrate me if i spent that much on a TV...
£699 was much easier to swallow.
Been looking for a half decent soundbar and the SJ5 seems to be getting a lot of plaudits, which made me get the bundle.
I agree it represents good value at that price, to be honest you are the first person I have spoken to who has purchased one so it will be interesting what you make of it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom