Hisense 55B7500 - Best Bang for the Buck - Settings / Custom Dolby Vision / Lip sync / All Problems

umbral

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello people,

I got a Hisense 55B7500 with wide color gamut and HDR, with 2 + 2 extra = 4 years of warranty. (for+10% of the price of the TV, since most TVs are made to last maximum of 3 years now, and it is my first Hisense TV)

In my opinion i consider that Hisense 55B7500 is the Best Bang for the Buck this year in Europe.
Why ? Because the 55 and 65 models have a brighter panel than 43/50 and come with wide color gamut and HDR and are direct lit. For comparison you need to pay at least +50% extra if you buy a similar Samsung/LG/Panasonic/Sony.

The 43/50 ones they say 300 nits but it reached a solid 370 nits in real test : Google Translate

The 55/65 come with 350 nits advertised probably will be around 430 nits in real world, makes them enough for HDR400/500 standard.

It has direct led, good uniformity. No dead Pixels.

The higher model like U7B comes with "the same" VA 60 hz panel, but a little lower wide gamut in tests, less contrast, AC wireless instead of only N on B7500 (more than enough), aluminum back, thinner edge lit which is inferior for uniformity, but it has 16 vertical zones which again are way too low to make any difference :

84.6% DCIp3 on B7500 vs 83.6% on U7b
5200 contrast on B7500 vs 4600 on U7b

Only the U8B comes with a 120 hz panel and a claimed 1000 nits (in reality will be peak 1000 for some seconds and ~400 constant). The price again, you have to pay minimum +50% more for any similar Samsung/LG/Panasonic/Sony.

All models have same Chip, the OS is fluid and easy to use.
The Hisense 55B7500 reads all types of files from USB stick, pictures, audio, movies in different formats, including DTS, something that Samsung removed from 2018/2019 TVs in order to make more money selling expensive BluRay Players

---------------

Settings (what settings do you use and what do you consider best ?)
You can start from here : Hisense B7500UK - My Calibration Settings (SDR and HDR)
Please provide even better settings and feel free to explain what each setting does. Including sound settings in equalizer.

Last year for A6200 for cinema night they recommended only 40 contrast instead of 50 to not blow the whites. Is it still valid ?

Problem i found is no explanation what does Backlight control off ,low or high do ? On previous models you could scale it from 0 to 100 right ?

There is no Custom Dolby Vision, on Netflix for example they force you either Dolby Vision bright or dark ! Why ?

I wish i could have used the my Dynamic HDR settings for Dolby Vision content instead.

Some problems with Lip sync, it comes default with +3, i found that +5 is more correct in settings. Please check if +4 or +6 or other value is best and report here.

What other problems you find with the TV and or software report here and maybe contact Hisense to provide software upgrade and bug fixing : [email protected]

Is it possible to install a browser like Firefox and then add AdBlock Plus to navigate on the internet without ads ?

When will this TV be tested on AV forums ?

Thank you everyone !

P.S :

B7500 (60 Hz) vs U8B (120 Hz) ( not sure they have same settings )

Last edited:
On closer inspection i found a small dirty screen effect on the very extreme lower left and lower right corners of the screen, on a very small display area. But can be observed if you look specifically for it with no problem.

Has anyone noticed this too on their models ?
This is something normal right ? Since nothing is perfectly uniform especially in corners ?

Thanks.

Thanks for the post, got mine unboxed today ... will hopefully get a chance to set it up during the week

Mine landed Friday not done much with it really but first impressions were it was good VFM but more recently I've experienced lip sync issues. Last night watching Guy Martin in Japan, saw the first half downstairs on the main TV went up to the bedroom and it was out of sync (GH4HD+1). This morning too whilst building IKEA furniture in the bedroom I stuck on the telly to break the boredom and it was out of sync again (BBCNewsHD), it was showing the Victoria Deryshire show at the time. All coming off the terrestrial aerial, no fancy gear in-between. Changing channel and coming back did nothing to alter it, neither does switching on/off, other channels were in-sync. Weird one, might do a reset later seeing as it did a couple of updates after the initial power up.

On closer inspection i found a small dirty screen effect on the very extreme lower left and lower right corners of the screen, on a very small display area. But can be observed if you look specifically for it with no problem.

Has anyone noticed this too on their models ?
This is something normal right ? Since nothing is perfectly uniform especially in corners ?

Mines the same but I'm not concerned about it, doesn't impact really and its similar to what my Sony LED exhibited in the corners and it cost three times as much.

Mines the same but I'm not concerned about it, doesn't impact really and its similar to what my Sony LED exhibited in the corners and it cost three times as much.

That simply means the LEDs themselves by design don't properly illuminate the extreme lower corners.

Try in settings - sound - speakers - lip sync and move it from +3 to +5 +6 or +7.

Tell me if it's better and which value you find more accurate ?

Try in settings - sound - speakers - lip sync and move it from +3 to +5 +6 or +7.

Thanks for the heads up, I missed that setting, I'll bear it in mind.

It looked like lag so I had another swatch at the settings to see if I'd left any picture processing settings on and there was one I had missed. Turned it off so we'll see how that goes first. I did watch some TV last night on a variety of channels and all were in-sync

I've experienced some lip sync issues on iPlayer app on my b7500 and terrestrial Freeview on my b7500. Did you have any luck with a default lip sync setting that resolved syncing errors on apps and terrestrial tv

I never altered the default setting just turned off some picture processing which appears to have sorted it but having said that I've not watched much TV with it being in the bedroom to be totally sure. Time will tell.

I've experienced some lip sync issues on iPlayer app on my b7500 and terrestrial Freeview on my b7500. Did you have any luck with a default lip sync setting that resolved syncing errors on apps and terrestrial tv

I have a U8b and lip sync issues when using Iplayer. Had a quick play with the lip sync setting under the menu but didn't appear to make much difference.

I'm having lip sync issues with my Sonos beam on this TV. Fine on the TV speakers.

It's driving me mad, want to return it but John Lewis wont have it unless i get it inspected by Hisense

You tried playing around with the audio delay on the Sonos app?

I'm thinking of sending this TV back.....lip sync issues can't be resolved.....DSE...... blooming........ poor blacks.........the sound appears to change from sounding ok to tinny then back again..........it makes regular creaking noises when in standby mode which isn't ideal in a bedroom. I've tried different settings and no joy.

You tried playing around with the audio delay on the Sonos app?

Sonos have been great but are puzzled. The delay doesn't help as it's out of sync at a different level on different apps.

I've unplugged the Beam and the sync is out even on the TV speakers now. Sonos are in the clear!

Have you turned off all image processing - that cured lip sync issues for me and stopped making stuff look weird as well! You have to do it for every source though.

After a couple of months of ownership generally I am pretty pleased with my TV for the money - got the 55" which replaced a 52" Sony which was over 10 years old and cost almost 4 times as much, and weighed almost 3 times as much!

Only annoyance has been it only being able to see the 2Ghz wifi from my router and not the 5Ghz no matter how much I change settings. It doesn't affect streaming performance as on a decent connection anyway but I believe it should work?

Also sits slightly higher on the wall than my old TV due to the VESA screw positions and fitting to my old mount was a pain due to the shape of the back of the TV but luckily I was able to find the spacers and longer screws that came with the mount when it was installed a few years ago.

I also like a lot the image quality from my 55b7520

Very deep blacks, very punchy colours, brightness is also good.

What i dont like

- sound is very very poor, even after many changes on the equalization & other options. Lacks depth and detail, Its really disappointing

-Cant play 60fps through youtube app. It's really annoying

-controller response and interface feedback is slow

Have you turned off all image processing - that cured lip sync issues for me and stopped making stuff look weird as well! You have to do it for every source though.

After a couple of months of ownership generally I am pretty pleased with my TV for the money - got the 55" which replaced a 52" Sony which was over 10 years old and cost almost 4 times as much, and weighed almost 3 times as much!

Only annoyance has been it only being able to see the 2Ghz wifi from my router and not the 5Ghz no matter how much I change settings. It doesn't affect streaming performance as on a decent connection anyway but I believe it should work?

Also sits slightly higher on the wall than my old TV due to the VESA screw positions and fitting to my old mount was a pain due to the shape of the back of the TV but luckily I was able to find the spacers and longer screws that came with the mount when it was installed a few years ago.

I'll try it, how do I do that?

I'll try it, how do I do that?
Home > Settings > Picture > Picture Mode Settings
Scroll down to bottom and try turning off Smooth Motion, Adaptive Contrast etc.
I've got them all turned off but I think it's probably the smooth motion processing that causes the most issues.
None of them seem to improve the image much anyway if it's from a decent source and some of them give the 'soap opera effect'.

Thanks! I'll try that this weekend. I'm still waiting on a response from Hisense for the ticket I opened

I had this reply from Hisence regarding the issue with Lip Sync, so it looks like it's a known problem.

Thank you for contacting us about this and I can confirm that for your model of TV there is a software update currently being developed for this issue that will be released in the near future, We do not have an exact release date but it is being worked on currently. If you have any further questions then please email or call on the number below and we would be happy to answer them. Thank you.

I would suggest that anyone else with this problem also contact them just to up the reports of the issue.

Last edited:
Thanks! I'll try that this weekend. I'm still waiting on a response from Hisense for the ticket I opened

The response is they want to get their tool kit out and start replacing things. I told them bollox to that on a 5 week old TV and John Lewis have agreed to take it back and refund me.

My TV hunt starts again :(

Hello people,

I got a Hisense 55B7500 with wide color gamut and HDR, with 2 + 2 extra = 4 years of warranty. (for+10% of the price of the TV, since most TVs are made to last maximum of 3 years now, and it is my first Hisense TV)

In my opinion i consider that Hisense 55B7500 is the Best Bang for the Buck this year in Europe.
Why ? Because the 55 and 65 models have a brighter panel than 43/50 and come with wide color gamut and HDR and are direct lit. For comparison you need to pay at least +50% extra if you buy a similar Samsung/LG/Panasonic/Sony.

The 43/50 ones they say 300 nits but it reached a solid 370 nits in real test : Google Translate

The 55/65 come with 350 nits advertised probably will be around 430 nits in real world, makes them enough for HDR400/500 standard.

It has direct led, good uniformity. No dead Pixels.

The higher model like U7B comes with "the same" VA 60 hz panel, but a little lower wide gamut in tests, less contrast, AC wireless instead of only N on B7500 (more than enough), aluminum back, thinner edge lit which is inferior for uniformity, but it has 16 vertical zones which again are way too low to make any difference :

84.6% DCIp3 on B7500 vs 83.6% on U7b
5200 contrast on B7500 vs 4600 on U7b

Only the U8B comes with a 120 hz panel and a claimed 1000 nits (in reality will be peak 1000 for some seconds and ~400 constant). The price again, you have to pay minimum +50% more for any similar Samsung/LG/Panasonic/Sony.

All models have same Chip, the OS is fluid and easy to use.
The Hisense 55B7500 reads all types of files from USB stick, pictures, audio, movies in different formats, including DTS, something that Samsung removed from 2018/2019 TVs in order to make more money selling expensive BluRay Players

---------------

Settings (what settings do you use and what do you consider best ?)
You can start from here : Hisense B7500UK - My Calibration Settings (SDR and HDR)
Please provide even better settings and feel free to explain what each setting does. Including sound settings in equalizer.

Last year for A6200 for cinema night they recommended only 40 contrast instead of 50 to not blow the whites. Is it still valid ?

Problem i found is no explanation what does Backlight control off ,low or high do ? On previous models you could scale it from 0 to 100 right ?

There is no Custom Dolby Vision, on Netflix for example they force you either Dolby Vision bright or dark ! Why ?

I wish i could have used the my Dynamic HDR settings for Dolby Vision content instead.

Some problems with Lip sync, it comes default with +3, i found that +5 is more correct in settings. Please check if +4 or +6 or other value is best and report here.

What other problems you find with the TV and or software report here and maybe contact Hisense to provide software upgrade and bug fixing : [email protected]

Is it possible to install a browser like Firefox and then add AdBlock Plus to navigate on the internet without ads ?

When will this TV be tested on AV forums ?

Thank you everyone !

P.S :

B7500 (60 Hz) vs U8B (120 Hz) ( not sure they have same settings )

To scale the backlight Press the up button on the remotewhen in backlight setting Then you can set from 0-100

just purchased the 43inch version of this tv for the bedroom and can say from my point of view its outstanding, has no lip sync issues or no dse that i can find, the remote is responsive and the picture is superb, the apps all work well. paid 299 for this at aol. a must recommend.

I'm thinking off getting the Hisence to replace my Sony kdl- 55W905a which still throws a nice picture and cost over £2000 when new is the Hisence going to be better any input would be appreciated thanks

Hi, I’m a newbie and just joined the forum so hello everyone!

I have the H43B7500 and it’s my first Smart TV let alone 4K TV and I’m delighted with the PQ. However, I have certainly noticed lip sync issues on iPlayer and UKTV Player, so much that I tend to use these on my 4K Firestick instead (which works perfectly).

Another issue that I’ve only recently noticed that in the Freeview Play EPG when I use the left arrow to go back to see what programmes are available on channels that have Catch Up (like the ITV Channels) all I get is a spinning blue circle and the only way to stop it is to turn the TV off from the remote.

I’m on software version J0906 and there doesn’t appear to be any update available.

On a sidenote has anyone been able to access the IPTV channels such as VisionTV and Sports Channel Network? All I get is a ‘Not Available’ message.

Thanks,

My 6 year old 40" Samsung UE40F6400 TV died yesterday so have ordered this as a replacement. Does anyone know what screws are needed to wall mount this?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom