Hisense 55/65M7000 ULED Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Hisense TVs Forum' started by technomen, Mar 18, 2016.

1. wisecrack

wisecrack
      Novice Member

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +15
      So everyone is in agreement that this TV won't receive any more firmware updates from Hisense?

I suppose I am happy with this TV now except for the lack of HDR support with the built-in apps and I guess how HDR is handled by this unit in general.

2. woulfe76

woulfe76

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +98
      I have had my 55 for a year. apart from hdr Netflix not on the built-in app, and HDMI-CEC having to be put on manually, as my soundbar is turned off when the tv is switched on almost everytime
      I just wish Hisense was just a little more honest on updates etc..
      i am very happy with my tv. picture quality and build quality. I get urges now an again to get an oled, but once I resist I think this tv will see me through another couple of years at least. I think then oleds et al will be truly affordable
      the only thing I do regret is that I did not get the 65 inch
      at the moment I doubt I would buy a Hisense again
      it's odd not all Chinese companies are bad with after sales. I have a one plus 5 and am very very happy with their update and support. it can be done. it is not rocket science

one question I want to ask, does anyone have the Roku plus. if so how does it handle hdr on this set

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
    3. gabriyzf

gabriyzf

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +45
      no, I'm no happy.
      I never will buy hisense in future.
      And i will tell it to all peolple i know and i will write it in all forums in which i am registered.
      This tv (top of 2016 line up) haven't an OFFICIAL fw for an enoromous problem like color in bt.709.
      They promised hdr in app and there is no hdr in app.
      In many 65" the flashing bars...there is no OFFICIAL fw for this enormous problem.
      All competitors updated 2016 lineup for HLG, only hisense not.
      HW is good but hw without sw support, now, is useless.
      Never, never, never hisense in future.

4. Nobbler

Nobbler
      Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +3,038
      There's at least 2 ranges above this M7000 - in fact the M7000 series isn't even classed as mid range in the industry. It's a budget TV plain and simple - and for the features it has for a budget TV then it's very good value.
      In top if the rest of your rant, I've NEVER seen anything printed from Hisense that says HDR will be added to the apps and the flashing bars were fixed by a .bin file- released by Hisense funny enough so nothing you say actually would stand up in a court if law.

5. gabriyzf

gabriyzf

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +45
      I do not want to make a trial at hisense.
      I just say companies such as sony, lg, samsung, philips have a policy of updating seriouser than hisense.
      From this point of view hisense is very deficient and I will never consider it for future purchases because a customer loyalty goes too and above all to a series of software update assistance

6. twain155

twain155

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +230
      You get what you pay for!
      I got my 65” back in September 2016 for £1050, the equivalent spec’d TVs were over double that, could they be better yes, am I happy yes!
      As mentioned HDR apps were never promised, the TV is considered mid range at most, and it was released while HDR was still in flux and HLG didn’t exist.

To add to the comment somewhere above I’d be interested in people’s roku experience, I’m tempted by the new £80 streaming stick+ As it’s officially released in the UK. For the price it’s worth a punt for flexible, easy to use 4K HDR so May get one anyway.

7. beljim

beljim

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +47
      I am happy with my purchace but... you have to agree with gabriyzf that if you were just a casual consumer a lot of people would have a flashing image and still the bt709 issue as there has been no official fix (over the air) as far as I'm aware.
      You shouldn't have to come to a forum to find a fix some random has posted, or flash any foreign firmware.

8. gabriyzf

gabriyzf

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +45
      Certainly, it is unacceptable that a person who buys a product that has objective defects has to search the internet about how to resolve them.
      And they neglect all evidence.
      Again, I am completely disappointed with the thieving of hisense, in the future I will spend a little more but have better and more serious assistance.
      Never more hisense and I will always tell it to everyone.

9. woulfe76

woulfe76

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +98
      I do understand your frustration. whether the tv was cheap or not. you are entitled to an appropriate level of response
      as I said earlier I have a one plus 5 mobile phone, that is cheap, compared to the others. but they are different, because of excellent aftercare.
      in the short term Hisense will sell a lot, but in the long term they will lose goodwill and repeat sales

I think if their customer service read these pages, they can learn a lot
      but somehow I do not think they care at the moment. it will bite them in the long-term
      if you try and market yourself as a serious contender to other well-established brands, you need the full package, not just bits, otherwise, you are just another Beko, no disrespect intended

10. mattr

mattr

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +19
      Well said. I'm getting another TV shortly and whilst I'm happy with the M7000 in terms of picture quality I'm not considering Hisense for my next purchase due to levels of available support.

11. sammyvine

sammyvine

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +29
      What's the best TV from Samsung at the moment?
      I remember before I bought this TV.....I was so close to getting the Samsung K7000 I think it was called.

12. Jamesh12

Jamesh12

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +524
      I've had my 65 inch for over a year now i am very happy for the price I paid and the money I still had in getting the hisense I got a nvidia shield so hdr is not an issue but I know this is not something everyone can do and respect that fully

Although I am very happy with this tv for the price I also agree that the average consumer would have the rec and flashing issues on the 65 and if they didn't search the net or forums then they would still have these issues which is a joke

Hisense support is not very good in general and they will probably sell a fair few sets but eventually you'll scar all your customers with bad service and then those customers will not buy hisense again

This tv will do me till oled comes down In price to a more reasonable level which I hope is next year but I don't think I'd look at going hisense again even if I can get a 75 for £2000 I don't really want to be searching the forums for the latest unreleased firmware or a fix file for another issue not to say that I don't like conversing with you guys but i hope my next tv is a simple wait for official release that comes when they say it will

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • List
    13. twain155

twain155

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +230
      Not sure how soon I’ll upgrade but I’m keeping an eye on the roku based TVs, although not available yet in the UK there are some TCL models with HDR10, Dolby Vision and HLG support, built in roku interface and decent hardware reviews.
      My ideal solution other than having good image quality is a simple setup, switching between multiple devices to view different streaming sources etc. annoys me, and is pretty much out of the question for my girlfriend. A one box solution would be awesome!
      Although I agree with the comments about hisense needing better support I don’t think anyone should be spending hundreds to thousands of pounds on what is becoming disposable consumer tech without doing some prior research.
      I haven’t written hisense off, the hardware still seems good, I wouldn’t early adopt with any of their models though. I knew buying a lesser known brand I was taking a chance but it was worth it for the almost £1000 it would have taken for a comparable spec’d named brand.
      I’m pretty sure if you have a look on these forums the LGs and Samsung’s of the world aren’t faultless, the main thing is if you’re an active user of this forum you’re invested in tech and AV, many users would pull this out the box and not notice and issue, some people’s setups I’ve seen, even on expensive brands have been horrific purely as they don’t know better or really don’t notice.
      All in all I’ve had well over a year of big, decent quality TV, film and gaming.

14. kimberlin

kimberlin

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +142
      Well I was going to buy the new Amazon Fire TV, but quite frankly, the reviews ended up dashing that idea for me. I saw the new ROKU+ stick and I'm very tempted, however, allegedly, the contract with Netflix is in the balance, so if there's no Netflix, there's no point.

What I'll probably do now though, is just wait to see if this fabled Amazon 'Cube' is going to be released anytime soon.

As for all of the other comments about the TV, in my own case, the H55M7000, I still say, for the £550 I paid for it new in July and especially as the firmware was subsequently updated to fix the 'orangey' reds, the TV is just perfect for what I use it for. Yes, I'm disappointed that there seems to be abysmal customer support, but I guess that when you're selling TV's at this price point, the attitude is simply, if the customer doesn't like it, they can buy something else. To be honest, as long as the thing is working, which mine is, then I can't really complain too much because it isn't going to get me anywhere.

15. gabriyzf

gabriyzf

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +45
      I've never said it's not a good TV set. I said that if there are objective and common problems all over the company must solve them with an official software update and also apologize publicly. Hisense assistance, in addition to not solving it officially, says the problems do not exist. this is unacceptable.
      Even for a cheap product

16. Jamesh12

Jamesh12

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +524
      Oh I remember the flashing bars on my 65 inch sent them videos of it and they said they couldn't see it and had no other complaints

Hisense at its best I think the support needs a big overhaul and it wouldn't actually be that bad of a company for me the tv is solid for what I use it for and what I expect from a tv for not being a huge tech head I am still happy just the having to go search and find fixes and firmwares to get it to this stage is not good but for the price you pay I can see why it's the way it is

But if hisense want to be selling tvs amongst the bigger brands the after sales support needs to be a lot better but £1200 a year ago I am still very happy but that's not to say others are it's just the way I view the tv and I can only speak for myself I do wish I had more money to invest a better set with better hdr nits but for now it's not really a big deal for me with hdr

17. shaj

shaj

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +15
      Well guess what I've just come across guys...

75''4K ULED Smart | N9700 - Hisense

Not sure if this has already been discussed on here. I can't seem to recall hence the post.

Also read this on a site but not sure how true:

“It’s a bit of an arms race with specs. There’s a not a huge demonstrable difference between 700 nits and 2,000 nits. It’s not a direct ratio. 2,000 nits is not three times brighter than 700 nits,” says Tom Dixon, vice president of marketing at SunBrite TV. “The dramatic difference is between 400 and 700 nits.”

So staying on that topic, I just recently picked up a Huawei Mate 10 which is HDR10 compatible and was measured at around 670 nits. I've played the LG Jazz HDR video on it and I'm finding it really hard to differentiate between it and the Hisense. But I assume this could be due to the massive difference in screen size.

18. skink

skink

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +275
      Bit of a random question but has anyone had any experience of using an LG OLED55B7V and have the M7000 also?

I'm seriously thinking about going OLED now, but it would have to be night and day difference to justify the cost. If the OLED is only slightly better then I'll stick with the M7000.

19. Nobbler

Nobbler
      Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +3,038
      I've calibrated a few OLED and there is no comparison. If you've got the money buy OLED

20. shaj

shaj

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +15
      Hey Nobbler.

Quick question. How many nits was the OLED you calibrated?

I was under the impression that a high end LED would always out do an OLED when it comes to nits.

21. Nobbler

Nobbler
      Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +3,038
      At the end of the day it's not about numbers - it's about what you see on screen. The only numbers that really matter to a calibrator at 313 329 and 4.
      The first 2 is the point on the gamut for white and the 4 is the highest Delta E you can get before the human eye starts too see the error.

22. shaj

shaj

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +15
      Does that pertain to HDR as well?

I'm wondering if the 'best' rated HDR LCD would out do the best OLED out there.

Just curious to be honest. I couldn't really care less about HDR. And having come from a Pioneer Kuro Plasma to a not as great Samsung Plasma to the Hisense, I'm more than happy with it.

I've dropped the JAWS off a few of my friends. One of them has already picked up the 55" version and the other is about to pick up the 65" one.

BTW, at some point I hope u come across the 75" Hisense I posted about above. I've heard it's amazing. Just landed here in the UAE.

15K (3100£)

23. Jamesh12

Jamesh12

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +524
      Who could have guessed you would say that lol

• Like Like x 1
      • Useful Useful x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • List
    24. alza1

alza1
      Novice Member

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +0
      Bumping this. What firmware are people 55" people using where they have a separate HDR mode, BT709 etc? @Nobbler ?

25. Obsgamer

Obsgamer

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +125
      Search for the avf review HDR settings , that will give you a good starting setup you can tweak if you want .

26. Nobbler

Nobbler
      Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +3,038
      Guys I'm afraid I have some news and bits not great - the 10 point white balance is broken totally. This means that the 2 point is **ptobably** not working ad it should as well.
      When you set the white balance to 10 point the selected stimulus will not adjust the stimulus selected. I'll try to explain...
      If I put a 60% window on the screen and select 60% in the 10 poi t WB It will barely make any difference when measuring the results. However, if I put a 60% window up bit select 50% then the desired changes take place...I spent a couple of hours playing with this last night as the better half was out.
      The result is a much better picture. I didn't use my sensor that can read lower light so the lower results aren't correct and leave a slightly red tinge in some of the lower stimulus from about 30% down. However if you want to use them here they are - I'll post directions on the blacks over the weekend. In the meantime I've left them at 0 from 30% and below.
      If I get time over the weekend I'll post a video of what happens and maybe send it off to Hisense.
      Do not touch the colour tuner - even red. Set them all to 0.
      Mode - cinema
      Brightness 50
      Contrast 38
      Colour saturation 40
      Backlight 36
      Tint R2
      Temp warm
      Local dimming preference
      White Balance BT709
      RO-10
      GO 5
      BO 7
      RG -2
      GG 0
      BG 5

10 POINT
      20%
      R -2
      30%
      R -2
      B 4
      40%
      R-5
      B-4
      50%
      R-1
      B 5
      60%
      R 1
      B 3
      70%
      R 1
      80%
      B -2

I did measure the colours after using these settings and they are pretty much on all the way - even red. Here's what they look like on mine.
      Let me know what you think.

Attached Files:

• Thanks Thanks x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • List
      Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
    27. Nobbler

Nobbler
      Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +3,038
      It's easier to spot errors on black and white footage - before- using my old settings this had a green tinge to it mainly because the 10 point didn't work. Now as you can see it's pretty much black and white.

Attached Files:

28. plaetzchen

plaetzchen
      Novice Member

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +1
      Hi everybody.

I was looking to buy the new n6800 but then i was buying this one with discount (around 700 Eur and at least 100 Eur cheaper than the new 6800).

According to some reviews both models are quite similar. The 6800 has "quatum dots" but the local dimming on the M7000 seams to work much better.
      According to some reviews even the hdr performance is a little better on the old M7000.

Anyway..

Thank you for all the Tipps in this forum.

Had a lot time to play (and upsetting my wife ..):

1. Installing latest UK firmware
      2. Follwing Nobberles settings and calibration (Thank you!)

Well after one week of usage my first summary:

- The Image Quality of every day SD and Full HD (Sources: antenna, Amazon prime app) material is a bit disappointing. My old 46" Samsung ES is not weaker (despite from the size)

- The input from the remote control is verrry slow. Just adjusting the volume is really annoying..
      ok like yoda said: patient is have to be
      Am i alone with this issue?

- The image quality of some test 4k and HDR content is really impressing for my (old) eyes!
      Hope that theres more content coming - havent found much on amazon

Greetings from Dortmund Germany

29. williest77

williest77
      Standard Member

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +8
      i don t understand...are these your new settings with h0524 firmware?

30. Nobbler

Nobbler
      Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +3,038
      Yes