Hisense 55/65 NU8700 ULED Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Hisense TVs Forum' started by daryld1988, Dec 3, 2017.

1. daryld1988

daryld1988

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +35
      This thread will be for any owners of the 55/65 Hisense NU8700 to post any views and opinions on there purchase and also for information such as settings and firmware updates

I received my 65" version last week and found it to be a fantastic tv, great colour performance out of the box so not much tinkering is even needed though in saying that i opted to go for steve withers recommended settings that he posted but what i did change was the colour temperature from the warm which he had stated to standard, i done this as with steves settings in my case anyways on my gaming pc it made the whites have a more yellow tint

The ui is also extremely snappy and the home screen allows for placement of preferred hdmi connections and also allows you to add your most common used apps such as netflix, youtube etc

Build quality was also to a great standard and everything feels well made and solid, connections are well placed even though i still am puzzled why hisense only opted for 3 hdmi ports whereas the n6800 had 4 that would be 1 of the very few cons id have with this tv

The final con i would have with this tv is that it still suffers from ever so slight banding when watching football this however compared with my previous hisense 65 kk5510 it is much better and i only have the thinest line of visible banding and since its so new im hoping that it may even fade over time or settle in

As you can tell im not overly great at reviews lol but anything yous would like to know about the tv please ask and i will answer as honestly and quickly as i can heres hoping this is the beginning of a great thread thanks

2. Gary65

Gary65

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +9
      Hi
      I wonder if you could give me some info please ,motion handling with sport ,what are the black levels like do they get really dark is the screen uniformity even .
      HDR performance any good.
      Thanks in advance

3. jimmythehill

jimmythehill

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +9
      How's the tv handling after a few weeks usage?

4. daryld1988

daryld1988

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +35
      sorry for the slow reply folks must say the tv is running great, the slight banding issue i was having has almost gone completely though i did apply some phillips hue lights to the back of my tv so it may be that it is helping with the problem, handles motion great i must say no content iv watched yet has looked unnatural so well chuffed, for the money i really couldnt fault it hdmi cec is also working so much better than it did on my previous hisense tv before this

5. Gary65

Gary65

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +9
      Thanks for that Daryl ,thinking about this one as price has dropped alot , are the blacks deep when watching movies ?

6. daryld1988

daryld1988

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +35
      black levels are really good i like my horror films and iv watched a few on this already and the dark scenes where inky black so was well chuffed, havent got trying hdr out apart from on a few games through my gaming pc but its something i havent ever really been blown away with and thats also the case when i seen hdr content on my brothers lg oled tv never really stood out as anything impressive

7. Gary65

Gary65

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +9
      Sounds good ,thanks Daryl

8. Gary65

Gary65

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +9
      Hi Daryl
      After nearly a few weeks of use how are you finding it

9. daryld1988

daryld1988

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +35
      no issues at all pal really loving it so far only thing is there has been no software updates since the 1 i got when i turned the tv on for the 1st time but then again hisense where never really known for frequent software updates, but the performance of the tv is great especially for the money

10. jimmythehill

jimmythehill

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +9
      Alright Daryld1988...
      So... Further updates please. I was all set to splash out £1399 on the xe9305 but the NU8700 has dropped to £699!!! I'm seriously going to bite at this price at the end of the week.
      How are you still finding it? Any more software updates? Do you use xbox or ps4 with it?

11. daryld1988

daryld1988

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +35
      hi pal the tv is still performing fantastic had a tiny bit of banding with football at the very beginning but now that the tv has settled the banding has got even less and i cant even notice it anymore, have done plenty of xbox and pc gaming with it and its been flawless same goes for movie and tv show watching, no software updates since the 1 i received when powering the tv on for the 1st time but again i havent came across any bugs or issues that would need a software update to fix all in all at that kinda money its a great purchase

12. jimmythehill

jimmythehill

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +9
      Well, TV arrives on Monday... Fingers crossed.

13. daryld1988

daryld1988

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +35
      bit of a worrying update my tv has all of a sudden randomly started changing volume on its own and the hdmi is displaying it has lost signal goes black and back on inside a second i have reported the issue and awaiting on hearing back from hisense

14. P Spredbury

P Spredbury

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +103
      Does this model of Hisense do HDR on Netflix?

15. daryld1988

daryld1988

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +35
      yea it does do hdr on netflix i tested it out when i 1st got the tv and used the netflix trial good news is that i woke this morning turned on the tv to see a new update available to update the youtube and netflix apps and also add hdr hlg format to the tv i have successfully updated to this and the smart menu has got got even snappier also

Attached Files:

16. jimmythehill

jimmythehill

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +9
      Daryl, did you sort your issues out you mentioned previously.
      I finally got the 55NU8700 last Wednesday and seriously, this tv pi$$es all over my old samsung.
      I've used amazon 4k, YouTube 4k, PS4 Pro and general virgin tivo usage and, although I don't for one moment suggest i know what I'm talking about in terms of what high end TVs can do better in terms of picture quality, with this TV, so far I'm very, very impressed and satisfied with my purchase.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
    17. daryld1988

daryld1988

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +35
      it really is a smashing tv pal especially for the price, the good news is that since i installed the update i mentioned the issues i was having hasnt occurered since so im hoping touch wood thats them minor issues ironed out

18. daryld1988

daryld1988

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +35
      can confirm this tv does hdr in both the netflix and youtube app now since the update, previously it only done hdr in the netflix app but now on youtube when playing hdr content it switches the picture mode to hdr automatically well chuffed and the picture is great

19. Dankesin

Dankesin
      Novice Member

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +1
      Well, I just pulled the plug and ordered the 65NU8700 from Boulanger, a retailer here in France.
      It's refurbished, for 1,100€, and there's a 300€ mail-in rebate deal right now in France, so I'll be paying 800€ at the end of the day. My one worry is it's refurbished, and what that exactly means I'll only know upon delivery :eek:
      But if all goes well, I should be a happy camper. Will post my first impressions here after I get it :smashin:
      Our current TV is a 4-year old 43 inch HD Samsung, and it's ok, just ok, and the "smart TV," part blows. In American English that means it sucks, it crap, it's it's it's :censored:
      So yeah, looking forward to a newer cleaner bigger screen with apps that work.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    20. samsungman

samsungman

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +11
      disappointing there doesn't seem to be much going on in this owners thread, was hoping to see more feed back, i currently have a hisense 65" k5110 and wondering if i would notice much difference if i upgraded to the 8700. also considering the 6800 and also the samsung mu7000 any thoughts advice welcome.

21. daryld1988

daryld1988

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +35
      i upgraded from the exact same model as you that tv was fantastic also btw, in normal 4k content it would be hard to split the 2 as they both had great picture quality but in regards to hdr the nu8700 blows the k5110 away, also the general responsiveness of the operating system of the tv going in to menus and such is alot quicker but it will all boil down to what you are going to be using the tv for if you have any intention of watching hdr content then you will want the nu8700 over the k5510 it also received an update which enabled HLG which is said to be the format that is going to be used for 4k broadcasts going forward so its future proofed in a way also

22. Sloppy Bob

Sloppy Bob
      Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +3,315
      Hi folks. I'm a non-owner and potential future buyer butting in.

Having read the site review of the TV it got a decent review but was let down by it's HDR performance. Then an update said it had improved but it was still lacking compared to other TV's that have good HDR performance.

With the newer updates how is it now.

I'm looking for a 65" TV shortly and this does seem a bit of a bargain, particularly as it should be, like all 2017 model TV's, getting more discounted soon.
      I already have a 49" Samasung KS700 with which I'm very impressed, I'm looking to relegate it to another room and have the Hisense as my main TV.

23. daryld1988

daryld1988

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +35
      Iv watched multiple hdr content on this set now and i have to say iv been very impressed altered carbon in particular was very impressive

Aslong as you keep your expectations in check for what all you are getting at the price point it does everything i want it to and more

I also received a very good panel with little to no backlight bleeding and at the beginning had a tiny bit of banding when watching football but that has also improved and i can not notice it now unless i really went looking for it

24. zenza

zenza

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +222
      Took delivery of the 65 inch NU8700 today and very pleased with the picture quality. Does it not support HDR with the Amazon prime video app built in the TV?

25. jimmythehill

jimmythehill

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +9
      I can vouch that it did do and it was very good quality (see previously posted pictures) today, however, for some reason, i couldn't find The Grand Tour 4K...unsure what's going on. I. Am however on Amazon Prime Student... Not sure if that's the reason.

26. zenza

zenza

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +222
      It plays 4k, played American gods in 4k but it's just 4K and not HDR.

27. samsungman

samsungman

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +11
      can any owners confirm if it has optical because im seeing conflicting info on retailers sites

28. daryld1988

daryld1988

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +35
      my 65 inch version of this tv 100% has optical

29. jimmythehill

jimmythehill

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +9
      55" has optical also 1522937060362.jpg

30. Hades

Hades

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +1,184
      The AVF review of the 65” version specially states there’s no optical out on this TV, which is strange.

Tempted to buy this TV, RS don’t stock it anymore, so that just leaves JL warranty wise.

I just have this niggle though wondering what promotion Hisense will run for the World Cup.