HISENSE 50A7300F > Firestick 4K > Kodi problem

dmpoole

This problem doesn't happen all the time but it's frustrating when it does because I've got no explanation for it.
I start to play a video from my Synology NAS but the video stops and sound carries on, nothing I do will get the video to play again until I remove the Firestick and power, I then put them back after 1 minute HOWEVER I may just get a still scene from what was last playing! It may take another unplugging before the Firestick reboots.

It's not my Firestick because I have 2x 4Ks and 2x Fire TVs and 3 of them do the same.

It does look like the Hisense is causing this.

Any ideas?

UPDATE
After messing a bit more it isn't just playing a video that messes it up, it could be trying to do anything with the Firestick like going to the settings, going into the APPs and so on. It's as though my Hisense is stopping all my Fire Devices from working properly.

Last edited:

dmpoole

I might have solved it.
I have 3 HDMI devices: Firestick 4K, VU+ Solo2 satellite receiver and a Virgin box.
I've just swopped them around and the Firestick seems to be behaving!

squaleca

does using network storage improve kodi performance i dont care about network features sharing across devices etc i just want kodi to reasonably fast more so on my shield 2019 pro dont get how a $300 cnd with taxes can be so slow. yea i know 3rd party addons is probably the anwer im going to get but yea im using venom as my main go to. running matrix but yea leia spmc all take like 3 min to load.... also had the same issue on my 2 non pro's 2019 that i got rid off. running 64 bit kodi. my 4k firestick loads venom streams at about 2 n half min the shield over 3 min dont get it. especially with double amount of ram on the shield which is the only reason i bought the dam thing. like even clicking on years it takes like 2 min just to load the first page so if a movies on the the 3rd page looking at over 5 min just to get to the thumbnail. posting a log file on kodi isnt an option cause ill just get the unofficial add on response which is just dumb then why have the unknown sources option in the first place i mean i get it security and bullet proofing your MC but to me kodi is just like Windows 10 windows store only OS

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom