Hisense 50 inch R50B7120UK Roku Help

petrolhead737

Novice Member
Hi,

Just wanted some help and advice about a new Hisense Roku TV I recently purchased.

Previously was using an old Samsung 40inch 720p LCD display for years and had no problems. I decided it was time to upgrade, and after hours of research went for the Hisense R50B7120UK.

I have had the TV for around 3 months now, and just cannot get on with it. At first I thought it was just a matter of getting used to it, but I still don't enjoy watching content on it. I find that while the picture quality is fantastic, when I am watching stuff that has a lot of motion or close-ups, it makes me feel dizzy and the motion is very noticeable and distracting.

I did some research and thought it was the 'soap opera effect' or motion smoothing. After looking through all the settings, this TV doesn't seem to have those features to turn on and off. I have tried so many different picture modes, tweeked the settings and tried sitting further back, but I still have the issue.

Is it me just being too picky or has anybody else had this problem? I'm considering getting rid of the TV. it will be a real shame as for the price it seemed fantastic and had great reviews!

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom