Hisense 50/55/65 U7A Owners Thread

I can confirm it works fine on my UK model.

Is your HSSO also 55U7a1847UK ?

Normally I wouldn't bother with an update unless it was OTA, but currently I cannot get any OTA and the latest I1110 FW from Hisense UK didn't solve my USB problem. I sometimes have to delete a file from my USB and then re-upload it, for the file to show on my TV, and I have tried multiple USB sticks and it does it on both, not always but occasionally, a very strange bug.

Last edited:
Is your HSSO also 55U7a1847UK ?

Normally I wouldn't bother with an update unless it was OTA, but currently I cannot get any OTA and the latest I1110 FW from Hisense UK didn't solve my USB problem. I sometimes have to delete a file from my USB and then re-upload it, for the file to show on my TV, and I have tried multiple USB sticks and it does it on both, not always but occasionally, a very strange bug.
If I could find a way of telling, then I'd let you know. People have mentioned that it's on the back of the TV, but I've been unable to find it. I can't see it referenced in the version screen either.

If I could find a way of telling, then I'd let you know. People have mentioned that it's on the back of the TV, but I've been unable to find it. I can't see it referenced in the version screen either.

Mine was on a big white sticker on the rear left of the tv (or right if you're standing at the front looking over the back of your set).

HSSO is on white label near left-down corner of back side of TV. It also is on label on the box.

Mine was on a big white sticker on the rear left of the tv (or right if you're standing at the front looking over the back of your set).
Slightly recessed in the cut-out where the HDMI/USB connections are? There's no mention on that sticker, but the box says it's 1787.

I've noticed a huge amount of digital noise/sparkles on all content (freeview built in tuner and prime and Netflix apps). It's particularly obvious on dark scenes but can pick it up on most scenes. Now I've seen it it's really obvious. I noticed this with my old Panasonic plasma but wasn't an issue because I was a long way from the TV. Now I'm only 6 to 8ft. What do people do to make this less obvious or is this just a nature of the technology? Cheers.

Slightly recessed in the cut-out where the HDMI/USB connections are? There's no mention on that sticker, but the box says it's 1787.
But does the number end in UK or EU? From other posts and judging by your model number it would appear you have an EU model and NOT the UK model?!?

But does the number end in UK or EU? From other posts and judging by your model number it would appear you have an EU model and NOT the UK model?!?
Definitely UK model according to labels on the back of the TV and the box.

Attachments

• 20190606_170243~2.jpg
    20190606_170243~2.jpg
    443.7 KB · Views: 123
Having been looking at other TV's (LG 49" and Samsung 50") I've been recommended to look at one of these sets, but I have a few questions: The one I'm considering is the HiSense 50U7A.

1. Does it have the following apps on it? Plex, Google Play Movies, Amazon Prime, Now TV, Netflix

2. Is it a VA or IPS panel?

3. Is the refresh rate 120Mhz?

4. Does it have Freeview HD and Freesat HD?

5. How many HDMI?

Cheers

First of all, thank you to @KllR007 and everyone else for calibration settings etc. I have been lurking on this forum for years and the community is amazing.

I have searched this thread and have seen people with a similar problem to me, but no concrete answer...
I'm struggling to disable smooth motion. I really hate it, but when viewing HDR or anything through the apps, I need to constantly toggle the settings to keep it disabled. I don't have any issues when using the HDMI cable from my PC, though.
I have also tried several firmwares, all have the same issue.
Has anyone else been able to fix this?

First of all, thank you to @KllR007 and everyone else for calibration settings etc. I have been lurking on this forum for years and the community is amazing.

I have searched this thread and have seen people with a similar problem to me, but no concrete answer...
I'm struggling to disable smooth motion. I really hate it, but when viewing HDR or anything through the apps, I need to constantly toggle the settings to keep it disabled. I don't have any issues when using the HDMI cable from my PC, though.
I have also tried several firmwares, all have the same issue.
Has anyone else been able to fix this?

The only thing you can do is contact Hisense for your region, other than that, if it is within warranty, you might want to consider exchanging/refunding it.

I've noticed a huge amount of digital noise/sparkles on all content (freeview built in tuner and prime and Netflix apps). It's particularly obvious on dark scenes but can pick it up on most scenes. Now I've seen it it's really obvious. I noticed this with my old Panasonic plasma but wasn't an issue because I was a long way from the TV. Now I'm only 6 to 8ft. What do people do to make this less obvious or is this just a nature of the technology? Cheers.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'noise', but any smearing type pixel noise (which some people might term 'ghosting') is caused by the setting Noise Reduction turned on in any of its forms (MPEG Noise Reduction is ok to leave on for compressed sources and doesn't cause any artefacts as with Noise Reduction).

Apart from that, any other visible noise would be caused by Sharpness set too high (any value above 10 is going to introduce issues). If the issue persists, your source material is inadequate.

Hope that helps.

Having been looking at other TV's (LG 49" and Samsung 50") I've been recommended to look at one of these sets, but I have a few questions: The one I'm considering is the HiSense 50U7A.

1. Does it have the following apps on it? Plex, Google Play Movies, Amazon Prime, Now TV, Netflix

2. Is it a VA or IPS panel?

3. Is the refresh rate 120Mhz?

4. Does it have Freeview HD and Freesat HD?

5. How many HDMI?

Cheers
All Hisense TVs use VA panels. As you go up the range the viewing angle and contrast of the VA panels improve incrementally. Google Play Movies and Now TV is not available, but the other apps are. Only the 55" and above are 120Hz, although this is less of an issue than you might think as they have very fast panels with good motion. The 50" uses an Acer/Unipac AUO panel which is the fastest response VA panel on the market.
Freeview HD with Freeview Play catchup apps (which is quite extensive now), but generic Satellite. The rest of the info is available on Hisense's site.

Last edited:
My Hisense 55U7A has popped up with a firmware upgrade on the screen this morning. It is wanting me to upgrade to firmware J0315. Can anybody confirm if any Apps are removed when upgrading?

My Hisense 55U7A has popped up with a firmware upgrade on the screen this morning. It is wanting me to upgrade to firmware J0315. Can anybody confirm if any Apps are removed when upgrading?
Not that I noticed, can check specific when home if you want?
Only thing I noticed is that menu seems much faster

Not that I noticed, can check specific when home if you want?
Only thing I noticed is that menu seems much faster

Thanks for the offer, I've updated it and all the Apps are still available. It does seem quicker too.

Hi community, I am facing a very strange issue with Netflix app on 55U7A with I1110 firmware.

Although I am able to sign in Netflix, navigate on the menu and view the trailers when I am going to watch a movie either

• will be stuck on 25% or 99% of loading or
  • I will get back an error 5.2.102 tvq-pm-100
Any ideas?

Apps are not removed, even your settings for the display are still stored. Btw what is your HSSO?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom