Hisense 50/55/65 U7A Owners Thread

1) it depends. But in general - standard for movies and shows, Cinema night for games and animated stuff.
2) you can't. If you change anything (WB/CMS) in Cinema day it will overwrite HDR Day settings. I don't know why but they are connected just like HDR Night and Cinema Night.
3) I forgot. I would add this in album.
thanks...I did not understand the 2). I had changed the settings of the cinema day few days ago. Now I've setted your hdr day settings by watching a hdr movie on netflix. what do I have to do? if I use cinema day settings i see my settings , while if I use hdr day there are yours. I do not think they were overwritten

thanks...I did not understand the 2). I had changed the settings of the cinema day few days ago. Now I've setted your hdr day settings by watching a hdr movie on netflix. what do I have to do? if I use cinema day settings i see my settings , while if I use hdr day there are yours. I do not think they were overwritten

Are you sure ? Brightness/contrast etc are individual and will be intact.
But what about white balance and CMS ? because if I look at it they are same, so they will overwriting it. Please check it, maybe i have bug in FW ?

One more time, thank you.

Edit: Are two tuning colors missing? Magenta and yellow. The 2 points White Balance is empty?

Sorry, images added. Magenta is intact, yellow has one change.
Also make sure that for Standard you will use Colour Gamout "Auto" as pictured (and for Cinema Night "Native")

Are you sure ? Brightness/contrast etc are individual and will be intact.
But what about white balance and CMS ? because if I look at it they are same, so they will overwriting it. Please check it, maybe i have bug in FW ?

you have reason. Settings are the same now for cinema day and hdr day for cms and Wb (not for wb 20 point, only 2 point). I think is a bug of the firmware. I am in contact with them. I report it immediately

you have reason. Settings are the same now for cinema day and hdr day for cms and Wb (not for wb 20 point, only 2 point). I think is a bug of the firmware. I am in contact with them. I report it immediately
Thanks, also when you can, report also that when you switch input it sometimes enable motion smoothes even that it says it's "off" . You need then enable and disable it again to turn it off. Would be great to add "game.mode" toggle for TV broadcast input to fix it.

Sorry, images added. Magenta is intact, yellow has one change.
Also make sure that for Standard you will use Colour Gamout "Auto" as pictured (and for Cinema Night "Native")

Nothing to forgive, I really want to thank you for the effort. I will try as you say.

Regards

Hi, I have a Hisense 55U7A TV... Great TV, except Ia can+t use the Amazon Prime Video in Portugal, Netfilx works great but I can´t use Prime Video if the tv region is set to my country Portugal. If I change it to UK region the Prime Video app shows up and works, except for subtitles that are on in english.

Also have a Samsung smart tv and Prime Video works perfect, no region restrictions what so ever and all subtitles are available.

Does anyone have the same issue and how to solve it? Thanlks!

it's not an issue...prime video worlks only for Uk contents...we'll wait for a new firmware with (
perhaps) prime video for all people

Got a slight issue today, someone fitted the TV on the wall today while I was out at work. Wife left him to disconnect everything before helping him lift on the wall.
It appears he’s pulled out the Ethernet cable and in the process snapped the housing, Ethernet cable doesn’t secure in place now and tv won’t recognise the cable because it doesn’t sit fully home.
I can’t get a good look because the tv is now on the wall, can someone have a look and tell me if they think this is an easily replaced part.

Got a slight issue today, someone fitted the TV on the wall today while I was out at work. Wife left him to disconnect everything before helping him lift on the wall.
It appears he’s pulled out the Ethernet cable and in the process snapped the housing, Ethernet cable doesn’t secure in place now and tv won’t recognise the cable because it doesn’t sit fully home.
I can’t get a good look because the tv is now on the wall, can someone have a look and tell me if they think this is an easily replaced part.
You can fit your own ethernet plug to the existing cable if you have the know-how or you can just buy another cable.

Then I think you're probably out of luck unless you can bodge it up with something. I don't own the TV but maybe someone else can look to see though..

Yeah, had a closer look this morning, I thought it might have been the back plate of the tv that secured the plug in place but it’s the actual socket on the circuit board which will be a pain to replace. Will just stick with WiFi for now, if I have issues in the future I know I can use the option off hot glue gun

it's not an issue...prime video worlks only for Uk contents...we'll wait for a new firmware with (
perhaps) prime video for all people

Thank you for your reply, but I don't think the problem is Prime Video, because I can access Priime Video here in Portugal since it was released for Portugal about 2 years ago.

I can use Prime Video with portuguese subtitles on my computer, smartphone and on a Samsung Smart TV 2017 model... well it even worked on a Samsung Smart TV 2012 model upgrades with an Evolution Kit, so that's why I don´t think the problem is Prime Video but Hisense. Hisense should release Prime Video for everybody with proper subtitle support and also improve the app catalog with better apps, like Spotify for an instance.

Can someone test if TV is capable of passthrough 5.1 audio ?
For "Audio Output" there are only two options in the Sound Menu = TV Speakers or SPDIF.
ARC via HDMI works if the video is sent to TV via the AV Receiver. In my case, my receiver is not 4K passthrough capable, so I have my HTPC connected to TV directly via HDMI. You can not output audio alone via HDMI ARC, I have tried. I am using a TOSLINK cable on the Optical Out to feed audio to my AV Receiver, selected Audio Output = SPDIF and Digital Audio Out = RAW, it passes through everything, works great.

Last edited:
In display adapter settings>monitor>supported resolution/refresh rates, it doesn't show 1080p120hz, so I created custom resolution on my Nvidia control panel and it runs on 1920x1080 @ 120hz
So I have been noticing screen tearing; horizontal frame tear at 20% down from top, while gaming at 1080p120hz. I thought maybe its in-game or VSync. But then I noticed that it was happening at the same place while watching YouTube on Chrome or playing any video locally. It does not happen at 4K60hz. Has anyone else noticed this at 1080p120hz?

For "Audio Output" there are only two options in the Sound Menu = TV Speakers or SPDIF.
ARC via HDMI works if the video is sent to TV via the AV Receiver. In my case, my receiver is not 4K passthrough capable, so I have my HTPC connected to TV directly. You can not output audio alone via HDMI ARC, I have tried. I am using a TOSLINK cable on the Optical Out to feed audio to my AV Receiver, selected Audio Output = SPDIF and Digital Audio Out = RAW, it passes through everything, works great.

So connected via SPDIF optical it can passthrough 5.1 audio (from console connected to TV) ? Did you try if there isn't delay ? You can easiyl test it - when you select TV speaker it should play both (TV speakers and AV) and select Dolby digital / RAW and see if there isn't delay ?

I have soundbar now (2.1) and there is significant delay when I select Dolby/RAW so I'm forced to using PCM (which isn't problem because now because it's stereo ) but when I would upgrade to 5.1 I would need select RAW and if there is a delay than it's no go for me.

Just gone mine delivered today. Looks a nice Tv not as bright as my Samsung though on first viewing even on HDR but overall a very nice looking tv.

Hi All,

About ready to pull the trigger on a 55U7A over the Panasonic TX-55FX700B but need a little reassurance over the viewing angles. I appreciate it's a VA panel so won't be as good as the IPS on the Panny, however how bad is it. We won't be viewing that far off centre but if we have visitors they will, is the TV still watchable at wider angles but with some colour loss?

Many thanks
IO

@ullar Thanks for the stand dimensions pal

My U7A has just been delivered and SkyQ UHD goes in tomorrow. So tonight's job is get the new TV bench built, plug everything in and run through some calibration tests using the excellent info above (thanks @KllR007 :thumbsup: ) and some Netflix content. Can't wait.

Is the TV still watchable at wider angles but with some colour loss?IO
My TV is 13 feet from the couch, I can tell you that till 6 feet off centre to either side there is no difference. At 7-10 feet there is a some fading but that too in movies with darker scenes. TV Broadcast is mostly bright and doesn't get effected. Basically at more offsets, your blacks turn dark grey and colours fade a bit, brighter the scene lesser the effect.

Did you try if there isn't delay ?

Yes, there is delay. Even if you select the Speaker Out = SPDIF, both TV and AV Receiver give audio, you have to mute the TV, otherwise sound comes out with minor echo, which means there is delay.

It appears he’s pulled out the Ethernet cable and in the process snapped the housing
I disconnected my TOSLINK cable from the Optical Out today and the square cover that's in the socket was broken, probably when I first inserted it. The I/O are not very sturdy. Might have to hot glue it, coz warranty won't cover breakages and I don't want to send it for repair for this.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom