Quantcast

Hisense 50/55/65 U7A Owners Thread

Ruffuz

Hello all,

got delivery of mine few days ago and as price seems really good expecting to see more owners here and hopefully someone who goes through the trouble of calibration etc etc.

Get in!!!

joedp

Novice Member
Just ordering mine right now so will let you know thoughts once it arrives!

Saw it in Currys yesterday and it looked really good!

Ruffuz

I do have an issue with wifi.
Tv doesnt see 5ghz network until I reset router. But it works only until I switch it off so need to repeat it all the time.

Anyone else with this problem?

jenic

Novice Member
I've also got one of these, had mine over a week now, happy with it so far.

As said in the other thread I've completely turned off the smooth motion as that was causing strange judder issues.

I'm using a wired connection so not tried wifi yet, my experience of TVs with wifi is not good hence already having an ethernet cable handy.

joedp

Novice Member
Mine has just arrived and ill be setting it up tonight!

Has anyone found good settings to use with it?

thanks
Joe

R1DDS

I wanted to pick up one of these but not sure if it’s worth getting the n6800 instead

Gary65

Just looked at this TV in Curry's and looks really good ,does anyone know how bright this TV gets i.e bits brightness for hdr and what is the native panel refresh rate ?

R1DDS

Website says 400nits 120hz refresh

R1DDS

BEC37133-282B-4DE7-822C-BBADB3444774.png

Ruffuz

TV doesnt see 5ghz network. Tried few things but nothing sorts it permanently.

Amazon app has HDR.
Youtube app has HDR.
Dont have Netflix account.
Apps all working, quite fast.
Satellite tuner works but guide is not working properly. Seems to be the case on quite a few tvs.
Waiting for another cable to check Freeview.

So far happy with this TV, just need someone to figure decent calibration details.

Last edited:

jenic

Novice Member
Can confirm Netflix HDR works perfect.

I am having issue with Amazon Prime, even shows I know to be 4k will not stream above 1080P. I have a good reliable constant 63Mbps connection.

Satellite tuner is very basic, the guide is rubbish imo, I've stuck to Freeview which is great.

joedp

Novice Member
Hi all,

A few questions on this tv that hopefully someone can compare for me. (comparing to my 8 year old sharp LCD)

1. I'm noticing that the edge lighting from the bottom to be very prominent at night time, making the image look less black, especially noticeable on a image which is mainly black. Looks okay if there is a bright colour on screen.
2. Local dimming can cause vertical sections to appear darker, even when the majority of the image is white (a gopro ski video in 4k as an example)
3. From a angle, I can make out vertical sections which have different brightness / darkness. Its very minor and disappears when viewed straight on (Local dimming is off for this)

SprintST

Novice Member
Bought the 55 inch version. I have had a few lock-ups resolved by unplugging the power. Only other issue I have is when I want to record using the PVR function and the program spans midnight (no other programs set to record) it won't allow me as the finish time shows in red. I have not found a solution to this? I have raised a query with Hisense and they are supposed to be sending me a link to a software patch but still waiting.

Ruffuz

Bought the 55 inch version. I have had a few lock-ups resolved by unplugging the power. Only other issue I have is when I want to record using the PVR function and the program spans midnight (no other programs set to record) it won't allow me as the finish time shows in red. I have not found a solution to this? I have raised a query with Hisense and they are supposed to be sending me a link to a software patch but still waiting.
Same here, but I changed repeat to: daily, and then it worked.

Would you please confirm when you get new firmwware from Hisense.

Last edited:

SprintST

Novice Member
I`ll try and check pvr function.

Ruffuz I will definitely do that. Still waiting for the link to the firmware, hopefully they will send it Monday. I still cannot record a program if it spans midnight so will be interested if you are able to do it or any other owner for that matter. I had a result today regarding my TV. Noticed Richer Sounds have started to sell it 5% less than John Lewis. Emailed JL and they are refunding me the difference.

SprintST

Novice Member
Same here, but I changed repeat to: daily, and then it worked.

Ruffuz when I tried that it did allow me to set the record function but it also set to record every subsequent program on the same channel for next few days. Did your TV do the same?

Ruffuz

Ruffuz when I tried that it did allow me to set the record function but it also set to record every subsequent program on the same channel for next few days. Did your TV do the same?
Yes, but atleast it works.

Maybe try setting specific day, and then just remember to cancel it.

R1DDS

Just ordered 55" for dining room

Webuccaneer

Standard Member
Hi, I had the 65 inch M7000 and loved it until a mate accidentally hit it a few weeks ago. Insurance has given me £1300 payout - the U7A 65 inch seems the obvious replacement with one pretty good review for the 55 inch. Wondering if I'm better off spending that £1300 on a different brand? The sammys, panny and sonys in that price range at 65 inch are older models with a few shiny bells and whistles, but I loved my M7000 so it's giving me a bit of brand loyalty.. Thoughts? Strong alternatives? P. S. Limited to buying on Amazon, long story.