Hisense 49N5700

clarkey2r

Hi

Has anyone bought the 49N5700 yet? I cant seem to find any reviews online yet either, does anyone have an opinion on it?

Thanks

mpalmer93

Novice Member
I have had a 49" N5700 to replace a M3000.

Even though it is meant to be a VA panel, it looked more on par with LG IPS contrast levels.

Blacks were grey and darker shows looked washed out even on minimum backlight and brightness settings.

I have also had an LG IPS 4K in my ongoing pursuit of a TV without issues and it looked suspiciously like IPS to me close up but I'm no expert to detect it.

I also had dark patches in every corner which was too much for me.

I'm not sure if it is widespread across the model or just a panel supply issue as my M3000 had great contrast and I hoped it would perform much the same.

Saying that, the benefits are you get almost all streaming and catch up apps (once the freeview play update comes due September) apart from Now TV and it is definitely much snappier in the menus and EPG which was the main issue with the M3000.

HDR streaming and game modes are also there in 2017 models, so I imagine support and lag for HDR and 4K consoles is better catered for this year.

Picture quality seemed as great as the Hisense I had before which I was happy with and comparable to previous reviews you can see for the M3300 and 3000 or maybe even the 5500 although i've not tried that model out. Backlight is direct so nice an solid with no bleed.

It was just the blacks viewing in darker room and then the dark corners were too extensive for me so I soon returned it to the retailer.

I'd be interested to hear your experience if you went for it but hope this helps otherwise.

Matt

tempura

Novice Member
I'm trying to find accurate specs for this N5700 line.

Can anyone say for sure if it supports:
1. DLNA
2. WiFi Direct / Miracast
3. Bluetooth
4. MHL
5. HDMI-CEC

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom