Answered Hisense 49M3000 Any owners out there?

foxystoat

Standard Member
Reaction score
Jut purchased one of these and delighted with it. Precious little info out there on "ideal" picture settings so I'm tinkering around with the settings suggested on the 55M3000 thread but if anyone has their own thoughts on this, it'd be appreciated

I've just bought one too.
Waiting on delivery.
Will post next week when I have it up and running...

Would be interested to hear thoughts on this set.

AO have it for £341 and I'm about to pull the trigger. Will this get the HDR update? I guess at this price even if it doesn't it would be a decent stop gap tv anyway.

Bought one from Ao.com yesterday. Arrived today. Great service.

Set it up and very impressed with 4K

Using it with a nvidia sheild, Netflix uhd, Amazon prime and kodi

My settings are all defaults right now. Need to tinker with it more but for the price it's great

Played some HDR samples from USB and also great

No update for the tv out of the box

Anyone recommend any tips or advice to get most out of the tv?

Ordered this morning and due to arrive on Saturday. Cost £341 with dicount from AO. Seems a bargain [emoji4]

@kyeev @biggy7 any more thoughts on the set?

TV arrived yesterday.
Its excellent, I have to say, for what I need.
Watched the Man City champs league game on (satellite) ITV HD and it was perfect.
The 800hz software refresh works well. No screen tearing grass shots. Phew.
Streamed 1080p film on Plex app over wifi, worked perfectly, no buffering.
Kids played Wii U, worked perfectly.
Screen mirroring from my android phone was spot on. A phone recorded home movie played seamlessly. I even gave Kodi a go although the stream was pretty jumpy/grainy as you might expect (cos it was screen mirrored from phone).
And I spent a good half an hour making my wife watch the Astra Ultra 4k demo channel to show her what a good investment the TV was. I'm very happy so far.

BTW, I'm comparing this TV to my 2 year old 55" Samsung h6700 (cost 3 times the price), and I can see no difference. If they added a freesat software update, I'd never go back to Samsung!

I switched off the dynamic contrast cos you could see the TV dimming and brightening as the scene changed and switched off the motion processing (that didn't seem to make any difference). I left all the other settings as they were on Standard. We watch the Samsung in Dynamic mode, so we like things bright!
Things I haven't tried yet: PVR, terrestrial tuner, any other app bar plex, software update, USB movies.

Thanks. Quick question. From the bottom part of the TV, roughly how many inches is there to whatever its stood on? I'm just thinking will my middle speaker have enough clearance.

Clearance is just under 2 and a quarter inches.

Meant to mention the onboard sound.
Tech specs say 2 x 7 watts speakers.
In real life they seem perfectly adequate to me; there has been no need to have the tv higher than 12-15 out of 100, even with kids running amok...

TV arrived, so far so good.

What's the difference between the hdmi inputs?

Choices are 4k@30hz and 4k@60hz?

I assume no one has has the update yet ?

Enjoying the tv. Using nvidia shield and 4K via Netflix/YouTube is stunning.

Not released in the UK yet but yesterday I updated mine with the french firmware,worked fine, no issues here. Menus are a lot snappier and HDR are also on the HDMIs now.

Not released in the UK yet but yesterday I updated mine with the french firmware,worked fine, no issues here. Menus are a lot snappier and HDR are also on the HDMIs now.
Sounds promising. That's for this model as well?

If you have nice picture settings and can share, that will be nice, I have been playing with those configs. I am using the one from Nobbler: Hisense 55" M3300

These are the ones I used form hduk also

Setup Menu >Picture

Picture Mode >Standard

Apply Picture Mode >Current Source [remember to go into this and apply the settings your happy with]

Brightness >45

Contrast >60

Colour Saturation >40

Aspect Ratio >Automatic

Backlight :

Dynamic Backlight Control >Off
Backlight >50

Advanced Picture Settings :

Tint >0
Sharpness > 6
Adaptive Contrast >Off

Will give nobler a try as well.

TV arrived yesterday.
Its excellent, I have to say, for what I need.
Watched the Man City champs league game on (satellite) ITV HD and it was perfect.
The 800hz software refresh works well. No screen tearing grass shots. Phew.
Streamed 1080p film on Plex app over wifi, worked perfectly, no buffering.
Kids played Wii U, worked perfectly.
Screen mirroring from my android phone was spot on. A phone recorded home movie played seamlessly. I even gave Kodi a go although the stream was pretty jumpy/grainy as you might expect (cos it was screen mirrored from phone).
And I spent a good half an hour making my wife watch the Astra Ultra 4k demo channel to show her what a good investment the TV was. I'm very happy so far.

BTW, I'm comparing this TV to my 2 year old 55" Samsung h6700 (cost 3 times the price), and I can see no difference. If they added a freesat software update, I'd never go back to Samsung!

I switched off the dynamic contrast cos you could see the TV dimming and brightening as the scene changed and switched off the motion processing (that didn't seem to make any difference). I left all the other settings as they were on Standard. We watch the Samsung in Dynamic mode, so we like things bright!
Things I haven't tried yet: PVR, terrestrial tuner, any other app bar plex, software update, USB movies.
What app are you using to mirror?

I've tried with miracast but it won't find my TV, it finds a neighbours so I must be missing a setting on the TV?

Using the Screen casting built into android lollipop 5.1.1. It works really well with pretty much every device I've tried...

Last edited:
I didn't see anything on the FAQ or Rules/Terms which wouldn't allow me to post an URL but if that's wrong, please, let me know.

Here's the URL for the updated french firmware. As usual, upgrade at your own risk:

http://www.hisense.fr/system/files/telechargements/Mise_a_jour_firmware_43M3000.pdf

Just put the file on the root of an USB drive formatted with FAT32, switch TV off and then back on and keep the power button pressed until Updating System shows up. It takes around 5 minutes.

For those not wanting to update via the French Method, I emailed Hisense direct specifically about this model.

Response;

. Hello. The software update transmission for this model started yesterday. It is being done in daily batches, by serial number. You should receive it sometime in the next few weeks and it will flag up on your set. Regards. Helpdesk.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom