Hisense 43A7500FTUK

jamesjay

Good-day Everyone (even though it is raining here)

I am thinking of getting the 43A7500FT from John Lewis it is being reserved for me and obviously it comes with their 5 year warranty, but I have been on the Hisense website which is stating it has 4 HDMI's while according to the John Lewis website it has 3, can any owners please confirm which is correct...I would like the extra HDMI that I think is also on the 43AE7400FT but it is not a deal breaker.

This is going to replace my old 43inch Panasonic plasma TX-P42 that must be close to 9 years old, the 43A7500FTUK is £349, so is it worth that given that it is the 2020 model?

I am not a gamer so it is for general use for Freeview and catch-up TV and also for use with a Formuler GTV so any advise about setup etc would be useful and greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
James.

Old Ben

Novice Member
Hi James,

I've got the 50" model (50A7500FTUK) and it has four. There's a back panel with three to one side and a fourth on the back. Whilst the one you are looking at has a smaller screen I'd bet the the connections are the same.

jamesjay

Thanks for the reply Ben got the 43A7500FT and does have 4 HDMI's but l am not sure if mine is faulty? I am using it with a Humax Freeview STB and did not have it with my Plasma screen.

The 2 attachments are still pictures from live tv BBC 1 on HD @ 1280/720p 60Hz and show strange or distortion lines down the centre of the screen that show every now and then, and l am not sure if it is a fault from the camera of the outside broadcaster or the TV itself.

The second picture seems worse than the first because it goes down the centre and accross to the right any advice or comments would be helpful.

Kind regards
James.

Attachments

• 20210626_173059.jpg
    20210626_173059.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 40
  • 20210626_173544.jpg
    20210626_173544.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

Rodders53

Distinguished Member
I have the same TV in my bedroom.

Dunno how you are watching
The 2 attachments are still pictures from live tv BBC 1 on HD @ 1280/720p 60Hz and show strange or distortion lines down the centre of the screen that show every now and then, and l am not sure if it is a fault from the camera of the outside broadcaster or the TV itself.
But both freeview and free to air sat are transmitted as 1920 x 1080 i 50
Streamed iPlayer HD is 1280x720p50 not 60

The set supports BBC UHD iPlayer streams.

If it is a streamed viewing experience - why?? But such artefacts will be much more likely to be due to a packet loss error on the internet or local area network (wifi?) with the TV buffering trying to do it's best?

Use the TV's own tuner for live viewing rather than the Humax box as it'll likely do a far better upscaling job that way.

If the Humax is set to output 720p then you've got it set wrong! It should be set to 1080p.

jamesjay

I have the same TV in my bedroom.

Dunno how you are watching

But both freeview and free to air sat are transmitted as 1920 x 1080 i 50
Streamed iPlayer HD is 1280x720p50 not 60

The set supports BBC UHD iPlayer streams.

If it is a streamed viewing experience - why?? But such artefacts will be much more likely to be due to a packet loss error on the internet or local area network (wifi?) with the TV buffering trying to do it's best?

Use the TV's own tuner for live viewing rather than the Humax box as it'll likely do a far better upscaling job that way.

If the Humax is set to output 720p then you've got it set wrong! It should be set to 1080p.
Thank you for your reply Rodders,

You are right you don't know how I am watching, but also you don't know that this particular Humax the HDR-Fox T2 is quite old and doesn't have any setting to adjust the resolution to 720p or 1080p.

Thanks but I don't want to use the TV's own tuner if that's alright with you because the Humax has a better and an easier to use timelapse and other facilities and I am happy to say the Humax's picture is greatly improved by the TV's upscaling and there is not much difference between the TV own HD picture and the HD picture of the Humax regardless of what the new TV is stating.

I am not sure what iPlayer and my internet speed has to do with my question about if I have a faulty TV or not but I use a static IP and avoid WiFi on STB's and have 46mbps, the 1280/720p 60Hz came from the info button on the TV remote while watching terrestrial TV and I think it was the live outside broadcast that caused the picture distortion because it only happened on closeups and has not happened since.

Thanks again
James.

Rodders53

Distinguished Member
You are right you don't know how I am watching, but also you don't know that this particular Humax the HDR-Fox T2 is quite old and doesn't have any setting to adjust the resolution to 720p or 1080p.
I have one of those PVRs in my kitchen and it DOES have a means to alter the output resolution. There's even a dedicated button on the remote control for it.

Labelled < V-Format > - bottom row second from right hand side.
Resolution: Select your Required Video Resolution (576i, 576p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p)

:rtfm: pages 8, 12, 16

Hisense <info> button is either just telling porkies or it was doing a crazy upscaling/frequency conversion that's bound to cause problems.

jamesjay

Quote Reply
I have one of those PVRs in my kitchen and it DOES have a means to alter the output resolution. There's even a dedicated button on the remote control for it.

Labelled < V-Format > - bottom row second from right hand side.
Resolution: Select your Required Video Resolution (576i, 576p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p)

:rtfm: pages 8, 12, 16

Hisense <info> button is either just telling porkies or it was doing a crazy upscaling/frequency conversion that's bound to cause problems.
Hi Rodders,

Sorry you are quite correct on the remote there is V-format button, in my defense I use a Harmony Touch remote and a Harmony Hub so I have not used the original remote for 6 years or so, so long in fact I needed to put batteries in it, but changing from 720p to 1080p and there is an improvement from 1920*1080P to 1920*1080P on BBC HD 1, but it is also showing 1920*1080P on standard definition BBC 1 when it is obviously not so the TV is giving incorrect info.

I did try watching using the TV tuner as you suggested and have full 100% signal/quality level but thought the picture was a little poorer than using the Humax and pressed the info on the TV remote and as you can see from the attachment taken with my mobile phone it is showing a resolution of 1920*1080i while the standard definition is down to 704*576i, maybe you could confirm if yours is the same using a terrestrial TV aerial with no Humax?

So maybe the Hisense is telling porkies or my TV is not upscaling as it should, overall I am happy with the TV for the price I paid my old Panasonic Plasma was over 10 years old and cost over £500.

Thanks again for your advice and for correcting me.
Kind regards
James.

Report Edit

Attachments

• 20210709_144639.jpg
    20210709_144639.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 26

Rodders53

Distinguished Member
The TV is correct in displaying what the input it is receiving.

The -T2 box is de-interlacing (i to p) and up-scaling the SD (576i original) to 1080p.
On HD it is just de-interlacing 1080i to 1080p.

The TV set will then up-scale again to the screen resolution of 3840×2160. All LCD and plasma screen displays are progressive, and if given an interlaced signal will de-interlace it.

The -T2 can be set to 1080i and it will then only upscale the resolution from 576 to 1080 interlaced, making the TV upscale and de-interlace instead.

The -T2 doesn't have the ability to output the <original>resolution of the received broadcast (unlike my Foxsat-HDR). So the TV can never see that original format, only what the -T2 is set to output.

DO remember that the Hisense has a per-input setting for all the picture (and sound) settings: so you may find that the hdmi input settings are very different to the TV tuner settings 'out of the box'. That might account for some of the differences. Check out that some user settings are not making the tuner pictures look worse than they might.

Quite hard to be sure you are comparing eggs with eggs sometimes!

In my bedroom I am indeed just using the TV tuner (although I do have a Foxsat-HDR connected) and can stream to the TV (media player) files from my PVRs (using the Humax custom firmwares).

NB Full SD resolution is 720 x 576i (ITV, C4, C5 services), alternative SD resolutions include 704 x 576i (most BBC services) and 544 x 576i (BBC Parliament and many shopping/film/craft type channels on the COMmercial muxes).

jamesjay

I have "picture mode setting" on "current source" and have adjusted the picture settings on each source to my liking...I don't like punchy vibrant colours so won't be putting "picture mode" in dynamic setting so for me the best picture is with the Humax with no delay in timelapse and ease of use in recording for general terrestrial watching.

Thanks again.
James.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs of 2021, plus our favourite & memorable reviews of the year
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom