Hisense 43/55/65 AE6100 Picture Settings - updated Dec '19 using Spears & Munsil UHD

lisnalee

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I thought I post my own settings for this TV to give any new owners a starting point to work from. These have been done from various calibration discs and tweeked over the weekend watching a ton of different material. I have put them into my own 65" and my brothers 43" and they produce a very impressive picture for the vast majority of content. I am currently running content from Sky Q, PS4 Pro, Xbox One X, Netflix & Amazon

I'm running software version I0926 as of Dec '18 and so far everything is running perfectly fine.

J0926 is now the latest version of firmware as of Dec '19

Incase anyone is looking for the Sky Q code for the remote its 2427. Here is my settings.

First things first hdmi 2.0 format set to enhanced.

Settings updated as below using the Spears & Munsil UHD Blu Ray. It seems best to allow the TV to handle hdr settings itself based on normal calibrated settings. So everything is the same apart from the backlight automatically going to 100 when the TV receives a hdr signal.

Cinema Day:
Backlight 45
Brightness 50
Contrast 40
Colour 51
Sharpness 5
Colour Temperature Standard
Gamma 2.4

Everththing else is set to off were possible.

Cinema Night:
Same as above

HDR Day / Night Netflix, Amazon etc:
Backlight 100 (auto selected)
Brightness 50
Contrast 40
Colour 51
Sharpness 5
Gamma 2.2 (auto selected)

Everththing else is set to off were possible.

4k Blu Ray HDR from Xbox One X:
HDR Night
Backlight 100 (auto selected)
Brightness 50
Contrast 40
Colour 51
Sharpness 5
Gamma 2.2 (auto selected)

Everththing else is set to off were possible

Last edited:
There seems to be a newer firmware version available from several weeks ago ending in I0926. My TV says its upto date so a quick email to hisense and they are posting out a usb with it on. Can't beat that for sevice

Last edited:
I have just updated the first post with 4k Blu ray HDR settings. I'm using the Xbox One X for playback so might need a bit of adjusting on your own end if you have a dedicated player.

It's a work in progress so far so I will probably tweek it again but after a few days of testing its looking pretty close.

I received the latest firmware for this TV version I0926 from hisense.

Cant see much of a change at all with this version, but at least the world cup logo is gone on startup.

Last edited:
I have just updated the first post with 4k Blu ray HDR settings. I'm using the Xbox One X for playback so might need a bit of adjusting on your own end if you have a dedicated player.

It's a work in progress so far so I will probably tweek it again but after a few days of testing its looking pretty close.

I'll be using a one X as my 4k player. Where would u say it stacks up in terms of being a decent 4k player ?

Hi

Thanks for the settings, I've got the 43" and it's looking good now.

Re the update you got from Hisense. How do find out what the version is?

I'll be using a one X as my 4k player. Where would u say it stacks up in terms of being a decent 4k player ?
I believe any issues it had have all now been sorted out via updates , so the difference in pq between the Xbox One X and a dedicated player are probably very negligible now. Plus it's a cracking games console

Hi

Thanks for the settings, I've got the 43" and it's looking good now.

Re the update you got from Hisense. How do find out what the version is?
Your welcome! Glad you found them usefull.

To check your firmware go to settings..... support..... System info.....Version. The lastest one is I0926.

Hi lisnalee, pm sent for link to latest firmware, thanks

Mine is running IO813 with the world cup startup.

Thanks for theses settings they work well.
Which of those would you recommend for PS4 pro? Or would you use the dynamic setting? Thank you.

Thanks for theses settings they work well.
Which of those would you recommend for PS4 pro? Or would you use the dynamic setting? Thank you.
Im using cinema day settings for normal games and HDR night for HDR ones. This is for both the PS4 Pro and Xbox one X.

I'd advise staying away from the dynamic setting if you can. It may look better quickly switching between them but it's a mess really.

Thank you. Just looked and it’s great. I think standard colour temperature has really helped as well.
Your welcome!

You only have to start up Netflix and see how yellow the background is on the splash screen on the warm setting to see that colour temperature needs to be set to standard to make it white looking

Last edited:
I received the latest firmware for this TV version I0926 from hisense.

Cant see much of a change at all with this version, but at least the world cup logo is gone on startup.
Hi Lisnalee, could I have the link to the latest firmware please? Thank you

Thanks for sharing these settings. Cinema Night and Day looked good to me out of the box, but having compared with these settings, I much prefer the image with your settings.

My 50AE6100 is on I0813 and says it's up to date, so will keep an eye out for the firmware update.

It was suggested that this update only removes the world cup splash screen that comes on when switching on so I would not worry too much. If there is a worthwhile update I am sure Hisense will make it available via an internet update.

The tv seems to work ok as it is.:D

Thanks for sharing these settings. Cinema Night and Day looked good to me out of the box, but having compared with these settings, I much prefer the image with your settings.

My 50AE6100 is on I0813 and says it's up to date, so will keep an eye out for the firmware update.
No problem happy to help!

I don't see much difference in the newer firmware either but personally I just prefer to be on the latest version.

No problem happy to help!

I don't see much difference in the newer firmware either but personally I just prefer to be on the latest version.

Hi lisnalee, can you please send me the latest firmware for the 65AE6100 as well. Thank you.

Hi lisnalee, can you please send me the latest firmware for the 65AE6100 as well. Thank you.
Hi you'll need to contact hisense directly for it yourself as the uploaded file I was using has expired.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom