Hisense 43/55/65 AE6100 Picture Settings - updated Dec '19 using Spears & Munsil UHD

I'm using the cinema day / night settings at the very top of the list for everything on sky q.
Plus sky q set to output at 2160p
Thanks how are you finding the TV what it like with motion when watching football.

Can you check something for me on the BBC iplayer smart app are you able to view live TV when going to channels then BBC one on app.

Thanks

Thanks how are you finding the TV what it like with motion when watching football.
I'm don't watch sports but from what I've seen its ok. It's a budget TV so keep your expectations low and you can't go wrong

Can you check something for me on the BBC iplayer smart app are you able to view live TV when going to channels then BBC one on app.

Thanks
I'm away for a long weekend so can't check for you I'm afraid

I'm away for a long weekend so can't check for you I'm afraid
Hi mate Just set up TV can you check something for me when free when playing a HDR video on YouTube does it come up telling you it running HDR mode..mine doesn't

Hi mate Just set up TV can you check something for me when free when playing a HDR video on YouTube does it come up telling you it running HDR mode..mine doesn't
It should do. Search for the hdr channel on YouTube and play a video. Check your picture mode and it should be on either hdr day or night mode. You won't get any sort of popup on screen

No problem happy to help!

I don't see much difference in the newer firmware either but personally I just prefer to be on the latest version.
When I choose backlight setting on hdr Day it only let me choose off low or high

When I choose backlight setting on hdr Day it only let me choose off low or high
Pressing up on the remote while in that setting, lets you adjust the actual backlight from 1-100. It's an odd setup.

Hi mate what
I'm using the cinema day / night settings at the very top of the list for everything on sky q.
Plus sky q set to output at 2160p
Hi mate what settings do you use on Xbox when not playing a HDR game

Hi everyone,
Just bought a Hisense A6140 and used this settings. The image looks good, thanks for that !

However, my TV is located next to a window and the TV’s brightness seems a bit too low, which generates quite a lot of reflection.

Is there any downside to setting Backlight to 100 in Cinema Day mode ?

That would help with this glaring issue but I guess there is a reason for setting this value to 30.

Hi everyone,
Just bought a Hisense A6140 and used this settings. The image looks good, thanks for that !

However, my TV is located next to a window and the TV’s brightness seems a bit too low, which generates quite a lot of reflection.

Is there any downside to setting Backlight to 100 in Cinema Day mode ?

That would help with this glaring issue but I guess there is a reason for setting this value to 30.
Your blacks probably look more greyish but if that's what you need to do to overcome the issue then go for it. The settings I posted here are only guidelines to get you started, enjoy your new TV !

I just got my Hisense H65AE6100UK 65-Inch delivered yesterday and it is a great value piece of tech. It replaced my Hisense H60NEC5600UK 60-Inch and i can tell it is a better bit of kit.
One thing the 5600UK did have was a game mode. If i use the settings lisnalee recommends then yes TV/film etc are looking great but when gaming on my PC the blacks lack depth. I have changed to dynamic mode for when gaming and turned any extra processing off or down etc and it looks better now. Any further hints on what further settings i can use while gaming ?

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
I just got my Hisense H65AE6100UK 65-Inch delivered yesterday and it is a great value piece of tech. It replaced my Hisense H60NEC5600UK 60-Inch and i can tell it is a better bit of kit.
One thing the 5600UK did have was a game mode. If i use the settings lisnalee recommends then yes TV/film etc are looking great but when gaming on my PC the blacks lack depth. I have changed to dynamic mode for when gaming and turned any extra processing off or down etc and it looks better now. Any further hints on what further settings i can use while gaming ?
Could it be related to what your pc is outputting rbg or yuv maybe?

Gaming from ps4 pro and Xbox one X is very impressive.

I'm not well versed in pc's but might be worth checking with someone who know's more about connecting them to tvs

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Your blacks probably look more greyish but if that's what you need to do to overcome the issue then go for it. The settings I posted here are only guidelines to get you started, enjoy your new TV !
If that’s the only downside then I’ll give it a try and see how it performs.
Thanks !

Last edited:
Recently got this TV and all working fine except the Prime Video app; the main menu is really sluggish. Everything else including 4k streaming is all fine. I contacted Hisense who sent me new firmware J0515 - unfortunately no improvement and it's killed the WiFi!!
Don't suppose anyone could share the I0926 firmware?
I've seen that a version of I0926 is downloadable from the French Hisense site, but it's for the 43 inch 6500 model. I believe the firmwares are interchangeable but don't fancy risking it, just in case!

Hisense have been back in touch, they're sending me vI0926.

Bought the 55A610 a couple of months ago and just now found your settings, will give them a try when I get home for sure. Thanks for posting this

There a new software update J0926 that fixed alot of issues setting above seem good with new update to.

I thought I post my own settings for this TV to give any new owners a starting point to work from. These have been done from various calibration discs and tweeked over the weekend watching a ton of different material. I have put them into my own 65" and my brothers 43" and they produce a very impressive picture for the vast majority of content. I am currently running content from Sky Q, PS4 Pro, Xbox One X, Netflix & Amazon

I'm running software version I0926 as of Dec '18 and so far everything is running perfectly fine.

Incase anyone is looking for the Sky Q code for the remote its 2427. Here is my settings.

First things first hdmi 2.0 format set to enhanced.

Cinema Day:
Backlight 30
Brightness 51
Contrast 50
Colour 52
Sharpness 0
Colour Temperature Standard

Colour Tuner: Green ( I've only adjusted Green, the others seem fairly spot on to me)
Hue 0
Saturation 6
brightness -1

Gamma 2.2

Everththing else is set to off were possible.

Cinema Night:
Same as above but backlight reduced to 15

HDR Day / Night:
Backlight 100 (auto selected)
Brightness 49 (reduced)
Contrast 60 (increased)
Colour 52
Sharpness 0
Gamma 2.2 (auto selected)

Everththing else is set to off were possible.

4k Blu Ray HDR from Xbox One X:
HDR Night
Backlight 100 (auto selected)
Brightness 49
Contrast 65 (increased)
Colour 42 (decreased)
Sharpness 0
Gamma 2.2 (auto selected)

Everththing else is set to off were possible

Have you got latest software update from hisense J0926... Any chance of updated settings?

Have you got latest software update from hisense J0926... Any chance of updated settings?
I've requested it from hisense last week and still waiting on the USB to arrive. Hopefully it turns up in the next day or 2.

The USB finally arrived yesterday. Seems a small update based on the time it took to install and I can't see any difference pq wise on the new version. The amazon app is still laggy so no fix for it in this one which is disappointing.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom