1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hiring a Plasma Screen - Glasgow

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by astro, Oct 24, 2005.

1. astro

astro
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    hi all,

I have an exhibition coming up this weekend and am looking to hire a 42" plasma for it. Can anyone recommend any good cheap places to go to for this, as i'm getting some ridiculous quotes for it!!!

Cheers

Astro

2. kamaran

kamaran

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    What have you been quoted so far?

Try www.yell.com

I know a good company, but not sure they will cover your area - they are london based.

3. astro

astro
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Cheapest i've been quoted is £280 for the weekend, which to me seems over the top as the screen ain't a good one, and you can buy them for about £1000 these days.
    (In case you're wondering why i don't just buy one, i'm waiting till next year till the whole High Def thing kicks in to see what's the latest and greatest then)

Astro

4. kamaran

kamaran

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    There are loads of places quoting around £50 - 100 a day on the web, although they require massive deposits (around 1K) - try yell.com mate

5. Jane_brodie

Jane_brodie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I know this thread is old, but in case you are having the same problem, the best place to hire a plasma or LCD TV in Glagow is www.plasma-hire.co.uk Which is part of Glasgow based www.avglasgow.com We hired two 42" plasma's and a blu-ray player for our wedding and it was only £150 all in. This was for two true HD 1920 X 1080 screens, delivered, set up, and collected again the next day. :thumbsup: