Hints for Toshiba DVD Player Owners

Zone

Reaction score
Whilst I was browsing (for this mythical Region free Tosh Hack thats on the net!! See earlier post).

I came across this.

HINTS FOR TOSHIBA DVD PLAYERS

DVD PLAYER FIRMWARE

Some Toshiba players intermittently suffer from hiccups such as chapter skips, audio sync problems, and the like.

To find out if firmware on your player is up to date, do the following:

With no disc in the player, press on the remote buttons 6, 0, 6, then zoom.
Firmware readings on my SD2109 are ROM1: 1.800, ROM2: 1.800 VR2. The latest firmware for this player is greater than 2.0. A new owner verified his system's firmware to be ROM 1 Version V2.400-R1, ROM 2 Version V2.400.

If you have severe problems with your player, you can of course get a replacement from your dealer if it was a recent buy or pursue it with Toshiba under its warranty coverage. Some folks have been able to get their firmware upgraded to the most current version which apparently corrects such problems.

I dont know if anyone else was aware of this little trick, but out of interest mine reads Boot Rom V1.300 and Main Rom V1.400 knowhere near 2.0 :eek:

Makes me wonder though, if the remote is able to advise on internal components then am I being naive to believe it may also be able to do other things, you know what I'm getting at :D

Si

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom