Hints for setting up VSX-LX70, DV-LX50 and MT30 speaker system

nigpd

Well I've finally taken the plunge and bought a surround system to go with my plasma.

This Friday I'll be collecting a VSX-LX70, a DV-LX50 and B&W MT30 speaker system :thumbsup:

Does anyone have any hints, tips and advice when setting this little lot up?

Thanks in advance for your help

P

Pioneer Man

[sarcasm]
Yep, read the manuals, get a dictionary for those long words that you might not understand.
[\sarcasm]
:thumbsup:

NTFC FAN

Hello nigpd

I use the same system, good choice:smashin:

As far as setting up is concerned mine is with a HDMI lead from the DV-LX50 to the VSX-LX70 for Picture and Audio then HDMI to my plasma.

The VSX-LX70 will come with a small microphone which you place at ear level at your listening area, run the speaker setup and the amp will setup speaker level / delay etc. Very straight forward and is detailed very clearly in the manual.

Are you planning to get or do you have a Blu-ray player? I am using a PS3 at the moment but am going to get the LX91 when released hopefully later this year.

Any problems when you get your system setup just post here, or if it all goes well tell us what you think.

Cheers
Mark

nigpd

50"plasmaman;6983150 said:
Hello nigpd

As far as setting up is concerned mine is with a HDMI lead from the DV-LX50 to the VSX-LX70 for Picture and Audio then HDMI to my plasma.

The VSX-LX70 will come with a small microphone which you place at ear level at your listening area, run the speaker setup and the amp will setup speaker level / delay etc. Very straight forward and is detailed very clearly in the manual.

Are you planning to get or do you have a Blu-ray player? I am using a PS3 at the moment but am going to get the LX91 when released hopefully later this year.

Any problems when you get your system setup just post here, or if it all goes well tell us what you think.

Cheers
Mark

Hi Mark

Thanks for the tips.

Ive not got a blu-ray player yet but was going to wait a while to see what was going to be available between now and Xmas (depending on how long I can hold out) to see if there was going to be any competition for the Panny BD30

Cheers
Nigel

nigpd

50"plasmaman;6983150 said:
Hello nigpd

Cheers
Mark

Hi Mark

Well te system sounds absolutely superb... the PV1 has to be heard to be believed!!

I have connected up the amp and the DVD player with HDMI's and connected the freeview set top box (Digihome PVR80) direct to the TV via scart.

I will post on the PVR forum regarding connecting the set top box to the amp coz i'm not sure i'm making the most of the amp by bypassing it with this component

NTFC FAN

Hi Mark

Well te system sounds absolutely superb... the PV1 has to be heard to be believed!!

I have connected up the amp and the DVD player with HDMI's and connected the freeview set top box (Digihome PVR80) direct to the TV via scart.

I will post on the PVR forum regarding connecting the set top box to the amp coz i'm not sure i'm making the most of the amp by bypassing it with this component

Thanks for letting us know mate, the PV1 is cool isn't it.:cool:

You're in for a treat when you get yourself a Blu-ray player with movies like Independence Day and The Day After Tomorrow which come with DTS-HD soundtracks.

Enjoy your new system.

Cheers
Mark

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom