• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Him & Her

HRF1T2007

Could not find another thread for this
Loved the two series so far, does anyone know if there will be a third series?

PumpingtonSteel

outstanding show, real gem in BBC3's repertoire and a personal fave.
Russell Howard's sister Kerry played the annoying bitch character perfectly, and Ricky Champ (Paul) had some outstanding moments. Joe Wilkinson, who soon found some fame on panel shows, also supported well as dopey neighbour Dan.
The first 3 seasons were all set in their flat, however the entire final season was set at the wedding of Laura and Paul.
Season 4 won the 2014 BAFTA for best sitcom
25 episodes in total, I've seen it many times and can't get bored of it. the understated and slow moving style of this worked so well. I'm not sure how broad the appeal of this is so I don't recommend this to just anyone, but I do think it deserves greater exposure and a bigger audience (hopefully its presence on Netflix will help it reach more people).
It may take a little while to get a feel for this so if you do give it a spin, be prepared to be patient! (a couple of episodes should suffice)
Stefan Golaszewski, who created and wrote this, followed it up with BBC2's Mum earlier this year. Quite similar, however I felt it lacked the magic and spark that made Him & Her so great.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom