Hilfiger "Made in Turkey"

The Atheist

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi all

A bit of a random one here, so not sure if this is the right place to post (Mods, please move if need be). Simply put I am being accused of selling fake Hilfiger Jeans on eBay due to the fact that they have a Made in Turkey label! I purchased these jeans from ASOS for £90 a few years back so I know they're not fake, I just need to find some information that categorically proves that Hilfiger do (or have in the past) make clothes in Turkey??

If anybody can help I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Do they think they have to be "Made in the USA"? :laugh:

They certainly use Asian sweat-shops.

I love that fact that the buyer thinks the counterfeiter would only fake the jeans but not the "made in" label. That's comedy gold right there.

Have you thought about messaging Tommy Hilfiger on their facebook account or twitter to ask and confirm if some of their denim is made in turkey? Just say you don't want to buy a fake.

If they open a dispute, who does the burden of proof lie with? How does one prove something is (or isn't ) counterfeit?

If this is an Ebay Shop sale, they can always return it under the DSR anyway.

Thanks everyone, really appreciate the input. It's nice to see other people echoing my own sentiments on the matter. The buyer has made these claims in their feedback so I'm very keen to have it removed, eBay will only do something if I fill out a Defamation of Character form, but I need decent evidence to back me up too!

Do they think they have to be "Made in the USA"? :laugh:

I believe that may be the case, yes! :suicide:

Coffin said:
"The factory produces labels, prints logos, designs and texts on garments for garment companies. Clients of the Turkish factory include Marks and Spencer, Next, Adidas, Wal-Mart, Levi Strauss and Co., Puma, Disney, Gap, C&A, OTTO, Esprit, Nike, S.Oliver and Tommy Hilfiger"

This is the place, I believe

Thanks for this, useful information for when I report the buyer to eBay :)

Jenn said:
Have you thought about messaging Tommy Hilfiger on their facebook account or twitter to ask and confirm if some of their denim is made in turkey? Just say you don't want to buy a fake.

Definitely something I want to do, but not sure exactly who to put the question to. Do you have a link to their feedback account handy? I'm not too keen on Twitter!
EDIT: Don't know why but I read "Facebook account" as "feedback account"... Doh! Will have a look at this now :)

imightbewrong said:
If they open a dispute, who does the burden of proof lie with? How does one prove something is (or isn't ) counterfeit?
If this is an Ebay Shop sale, they can always return it under the DSR anyway.

They have opened a dispute but they refuse to listen to reason (I think I'm dealing with a bit of a simpleton tbh :D). As for the burden of proof, I would have thought the buyer would need to provide proof but eBay have been next to useless with advise on the matter!

It isn't a shop sale, it was just a private auction, so I don't think the DSR applies here. I have offered a return though, I refuse to have to deal with them anymore.

Last edited:
Blimey, the buyer of OP's Jeans will do need to check the labels of all their products, as I think they are in for a shock!

Curses -- I read the whole thread before I saw @SirBadger's response !!
Just be thankful it wasn't a long thread. 🙂

They make bumping old threads against the rules on another forum I use. They don't seem to mind here but it can be a bit annoying reading a thread without realising how ancient it is and how pointless it could be responding to some posts as it's likely that many contributors are no longer active.

It does intrigue me that it's nearly always a newbie who bumps old threads and they usually don't say why when asked and some don't make any further contributions on the forum.

But I was about to go upstairs and drag out on old pair of Hilfiger's to check the label !

Think I just might :)

==== Edit ====

Portugal !!

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom