• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Hikvision Kit Selection

StormHD

Hi,

I'm after a 4 camera solution to cover a farmhouse (minimal ambient light). I've spent a lot of time looking at kit, and it's a bit of a minefield.

I believe I'm best going for the TurboHD cameras rather than IP - as they're more budget friendly, and should still meet my requirements if connected to an NVR.

I don't need Megapixel overkill - I expect 5mp is fine, but I'd choose 8pm if there's not much in the price.

I'd really like something which used acusense to filter alerts. I believe this can be built into the NVR rather than the camerea - is there a recommended 4 channel NVR that has this?

Do the colorvu cameras shine a light all night, or only on motion detection? I really don't want my house looking like a prison yard with spotlights all night if I can help it!

Do any of the TurboHD cameras support two way audio, or even audio recording? Or is an IP camera needed for that?

If someone could recommend some cameras (I'm thinking ColorVu subject to the all-night lighting question above) and a compatible NVR (with acusense) then I'd really appreciate it!

D

Deleted member 24354

Accusense NVRs have not been launched into the UK officially AFAIK, only the Cameras. The pricing of the Accusense NVRs is at least double if not 3 times that of a non-Accusense model.
Also there are no 4 channel accusense NVRs if you were to go down the IP route
I really would not go for Turbo HD unless you really need to run cameras further than 100m, you will be better off with IP cameras (and price wise there is not too much in them from official Hik suppliers).
The only camera that has 2 way audio (that I am aware of) is the new Accusense cameras that are IP.

Accusense IP cameras retail around £120 - £140+VAT depending on the model. A 4 Channel NVR would be around £250+VAT.

Colourvu Cameras LED's lights will come on once ambient light passes the lower Lux threshold (0.001 Lux), but Accusense cameras use Darkfighter technology which is 0.003 Lux

My choice would be

DS 2CD2346G2-ISU/SL Accusense Cameras (4mp)
with
DS 7608NI-I2/8P NVR - that would give you 4 spare channels for any further expansion such as EzViz DB1 smart doorbell

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom