Hikvision iVMS-4500

Discussion in 'Smart Home, Climate Control & Security Forum' started by Gez Zia, Apr 14, 2019 at 1:42 PM.

Tags:
  1. Gez Zia

Gez Zia
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Help please guys(and gals)!
    I've had to replace my laptop on which I had my remote monitoring of my hikvision system. The computer guys have loaded the 4500 into my new laptop and have a desk top icon but when I try to click to open, the up address comes up and says cannot connect. I am using ie. I cannot get into the system. The initial cctv installer is less than helpful and won't return my calls! Help please!

2. mushii

mushii

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,114
    Have you paid the original installer for a service contract? If not, with all due respect, he left you with a working system, which you have modified and now you want him to fix it. As an installer I have regularly faced this situation. When you request payment for your time, people get stroppy. Maybe try calling your original installer and ask him how much he will charge to come out and reinstall for you.

3. Gez Zia

Gez Zia
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    With respect mushii, I don't expect anyone to do something for me for free. I am happy to pay for the time it will take to re-install this back onto my computer, which I know for a fact it could be done remotely. I paid handsomely for the installation.
    Please dont be patronising, this is a help forum not to criticise, if you cant help, keep your comments to yourself.

4. mushii

mushii

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,114
    You were the one who brought criticism to the forums, criticising your original installer for not helping you. You set the tone of this thread. If you wanted help, you did not need to complain about your installer. Many people on here who provide expert advice, free of charge are installers themselves and complaining about yours just sets a negative tone. I am an installer and I could help but I will keep my comments to myself, as you requested. Good luck with sorting your install.

5. Gez Zia

Gez Zia
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    You have no idea the process I've been through, get off your high horse and mind your own. I asked very politely for last resort help. You are the kind of keyboard warrior who gets up everyone's nose, who can't resist throwing their weight around instead of being constructive.

6. mushii

mushii

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,114
    Good luck.

7. Moviebuff

Moviebuff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +287
    With all due respect, reading as a 3rd person, you are the one with the attitude. Mushii wasn't being critical of you - it's a shame you read it as such.

I would try uninstalling IVMS-4500, shutting down your laptop, restarting, reinstalling IVMS from here - Client Software - Download - Hikvision

Then enter your Hikvision username and password, into the relevent path.

Hope you get it sorted. :)

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019 at 8:54 PM
  8. Gez Zia

Gez Zia
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thank you for your reply. All the links point to 4200 not 4500.
    I've obtained help off this site and now have it up and running. Thanks for your interjection.