HikVision DVR System

toddmba

Novice Member
Hi all,

Does anyone have a recommendation for cameras that may offer better features and quality at night time for my system? Currently the system has 8 DS-2CD2155FWD-I cameras hooked to the HikVision DVR. During the day the quality is good but night time is hard to see. The images always appear foggy. In contrast I have 3 Blink WIFI devices that pick up clearly at nighttime. Additionally, the Blink Cameras are easily configurable for sensitivity and motion detection. I would like to update the wired cameras on my property in this system to have something comparable.

Harkon321

I've currently got Dark Fighter HIK cameras which area pretty decent at night. Alternative would be ColourVu

Good example of footage here:

D

Deleted member 24354

Your problem is you have used dome cameras. The IRs reflect off the polycarbonate dome and cause the fogging effect that you describe. If you had used turret or box cameras you would probably not see that effect. If you had used either Darkfighter or Colorvu as @Harkon321 mentions in a non-dome format, your experience would be markedly different. If you want advanced motion detection then you should look at the Accusense cameras by Hikvision, most of which use Darkfighter technology.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom