HiKVision Darkfighter

alig301

Novice Member
Hi all,

I was wondering if someone could advise if there is something wrong with one of my CCTV cameras. When I go into playback there is occasional areas where there are no recordings (see pic below). I was wondering if it is a setting or indeed the camera is playing up. This is the only camera that seems to do this, all the others are solid 'blue line 100% of the time.

IMG_9203.jpg

Thanks in advance
Best Regards
Al

D

Deleted member 24354

How many other cameras and what codec are you using on each camera?

Harkon321

Are all cameras direct to the NVR or via a switch?

Harkon321

Definitely not a cabling issue? I had a similar issue with lots of random gaps in recording but it seemed to point towards a dodgy cable connection.

alig301

Novice Member
of course it could be a cabling issue. I was asking in case it was a setting that I was missing or had configured. The cabling is difficult to get to but if there isn't a config setting that might cause this then I could try it. Or it could be the camera itself. I did reset the camera once and it seemed to be better, but it has now returned although not nearly so frequently.

Harkon321

I'm sure Mushi or someone could suggest anything if software related, knows it inside out. If cameras are accessible could swap the cameras over to see if you get the same issue on a different feed or same feed. A pain to do though.

EDIT: Just relooked at your screenshot...doesn't look like an accessible location at all.

alig301

Novice Member
Quick update. I updated the firmware on both the camera and the NVR, Reset the camera to Factory settings. Let it run for a few days. The fault has re-occurred and have spoke with the supplier and it is going to get returned.

Munzz

I had this problem, it turned out the system was rebooting randomly (according to the log).

Supplier exchanged without issue.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom