Hikvision cameras

Hickson

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi

I'm after some advice to which camera is better or whether I should buy any of these cameras.

Does anyone know what the picture quality is like, For these cameras?

It's a toss up between these 2. Unless someone can recommend another camera.

Hikvision 4mp DS-2cd2347g1-l which is an IP camera
or
Hikvision DS-2ce72hft-f28. Which is 5mp hd

I like the idea of been able to see colour night vision. Or am I wasting my money?

I have no idea about CCTV

Any help will be much appreciated.

I could be wrong but isn't the second camera a coaxial, not an IP camera?

Yes you are right.
1st camera IP 4mp
2nd carmera coaxial 5mp
Would there be much picture quality difference between the 2?

Yes you are right.
1st camera IP 4mp
2nd carmera coaxial 5mp
Would there be much picture quality difference between the 2?

I have no idea, but the more important question is how and what are you connecting them to?

I have no idea, but the more important question is how and what are you connecting them to?

🤷‍♂️ I've not got a clue. I was hoping some kind person would take pity on me and point me in the right direction. I think from what I have read. The ip camera would need a NRV and the coaxial camera could use a DRV. I maybe wrong.

I only have experience with the IP cameras. I have 5 Hikvision cameras and an NVR. Works really well. I recently installed a new 8MP darkfighter camera, similar to the first camera you posted and the quality is epic.

You don't want Coax, get IP cams, the first would be perfectly fine. I have an older version on my garage, DS-2CD2355FWD-I, it clearly identified someone trying my door a few months back during the night.

As above, got a DS-2CD2385G 1-I/B 8MP a while back for £145, shop around for prices.

You don't want Coax, get IP cams, the first would be perfectly fine. I have an older version on my garage, DS-2CD2355FWD-I, it clearly identified someone trying my door a few months back during the night.

As above, got a DS-2CD2385G 1-I/B 8MP a while back for £145, shop around for prices.

The DS-2CD2355FWD-I was one of my first cameras. Still a great camera. :)

The ip camera would need a NRV and the coaxial camera could use a DRV. I maybe wrong.

Yeah, NVR and DVR. How many cams do you want? up to 4 or up to 8

Personally, I would go for an 8ch incase you want to expand later. I have the DS-7608NI-K2-8P but I think the DS-7608NI-I2-8P is the newer model and better supported.

The DS-2CD2355FWD-I was one of my first cameras. Still a great camera. :)

Still got 4 of them, just moved one round the back and put the 8MP at front; 5MP was probably sufficient but the price difference wasn't much.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom