Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Hikona and other cheapo machines

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by dlanky, Feb 2, 2005.

1. dlanky

dlanky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don’t know if I have got the correct forum here but can anyone help. I have a Liteon 16speed recorder on my PC. I am using Ridata –R 8x discs (I was told not to use 16 X). Anything I copy plays fine on my Samsung machine but nothing works perfectly on my Hikona or on other cheap machines eg Pacific. The picture stutters a little and in the worst cases jams. Sometimes it is once or twice, then on another film it can be every few seconds. I have tried slowing down the read speed to 4x and the write speed to 6 times. I have even adjusted the disc spin up/down time to 4 minutes. Can anyone suggest any other solutions. This is causing major grief

2. whatdoiknow

whatdoiknow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm sorry I can't answer your query but I have asked a question on DVD palyers regarding the Hikona I recently bought from Tesco's.

On several Cd's there seems to be a rattle or vibration noise coming from the machine as the CD is spinning, have you had this problem.

Thanks,

Martin

3. dlanky

dlanky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No, I do not have this problem.

I am very disilusioned as I still cannot find out how best to record so thjat my Hikona will play

4. whatdoiknow

whatdoiknow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that, sorry you can't get the other problem solved.

Best regards,

Martin