Hikona and other cheapo machines

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by dlanky, Feb 2, 2005.

1. dlanky

dlanky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don’t know if I have got the correct forum here but can anyone help. I have a Liteon 16speed recorder on my PC. I am using Ridata –R 8x discs (I was told not to use 16 X). Anything I copy plays fine on my Samsung machine but nothing works perfectly on my Hikona or on other cheap machines eg Pacific. The picture stutters a little and in the worst cases jams. Sometimes it is once or twice, then on another film it can be every few seconds. I have tried slowing down the read speed to 4x and the write speed to 6 times. I have even adjusted the disc spin up/down time to 4 minutes. Can anyone suggest any other solutions. This is causing major grief

2. whatdoiknow

whatdoiknow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm sorry I can't answer your query but I have asked a question on DVD palyers regarding the Hikona I recently bought from Tesco's.

On several Cd's there seems to be a rattle or vibration noise coming from the machine as the CD is spinning, have you had this problem.

Thanks,

Martin

3. dlanky

dlanky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No, I do not have this problem.

I am very disilusioned as I still cannot find out how best to record so thjat my Hikona will play

4. whatdoiknow

whatdoiknow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that, sorry you can't get the other problem solved.

Best regards,

Martin