HiJacked Plane Stolen from Tacoma international airport Seattle

GAZBEROTTEN

Prominent Member
Reaction score
An airport employee from Seattle has stolen and hijacked an aircraft from an airport. The man flew the craft for 1 hour and while communicating with the communications tower sadly he was suicidal and crashed the plane before flying it irraticly and doing dangerous manuvers with it.

This is hopefully going to beef up security at airports even more.

crashed the plane before flying it irraticly and doing dangerous manuvers with it.

No wonder he was flying erratically if he'd crashed the plane beforehand.

Good to see the US airport security is on form.

Good to see the US airport security is on form.

He was ground crew and had full clearance to be there.

As soon as he started to taxi, air traffic control verbally tried to stop him but he ignorred so all they could do was call it in.

Shortly after taking off he was shadowed by USAF jets that had been scrambled.

Could the UK have reacted that quickly, very much doubt it.

Cheers,

Nigel

OK, the Americans really put us Brits to shame, makes me wonder why authorities over there are asking so many questions of the airport management and security if they handled it so well?

OK, the Americans really put us Brits to shame, makes me wonder why authorities over there are asking so many questions of the airport management and security if they handled it so well?

Not sure. The guy has apologised and said that he realises that he has mental problems so they could be kicking off about not picking that up earlier. They might also be questioning procedures that let authorised crew work at an aircraft on their own.

Cheers,

Nigel

Shock and threat aside, pretty impressed that he managed what he did. He has no real flying experience, just home computer flight simulators.

That will be a fairly complex aircraft, so I’m quite impressed that he even managed to start it up, yet alone fly it around fairly well. He has said that he didn’t know how to land, but even the crash that Is headlined was a well controlled ditching in the sea.

Cheers,

Nigel

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom