Highlander remake

Antonio Banderas if we want to keep it authentic and him be spanish.

that would be a good choice if they're following the same story, plus the director's Spanish so he'd no doubt prefer a real Spaniard rather than... no hang on, they've cast Ryan Reynolds as the Highlander... scratch that about a real anything, RR is hardly my idea of a Scotsman... or an actor really. He might manage the accent with some training but he'll still be Ryan Reynolds. I quite liked him in Smoking Aces though. But he's mostly crap or Van Wilder (playing himself, I'm guessing) in everything he's in. Poor choice really, on paper at least.

But yes, Antonio Banderas would be good :smashin:

well, since he is canadian he might actually be able to do a half decent accent?

we all know it wont be scottish conner mcloud anyway. most likely some stupid american cowboy (since they have no real long history).

if he's not from Scotland they may as well call it something different really. But who knows what madness they'll come up with at this stage of the game, it might even turn out alright. Or not as bad as some of the others hopefully :rolleyes:

Director Juan Carlos Fresnadillo (28 Weeks Later) has left the project over “creative differences”.

If a new film must be made..

Director : Neil Marshall
Conner : Macavoy or Fassbender (Or just get Thomas Jane to do a Christopher Lambert impression!)
Kurgan : Michael Shannon

Summit has hired Cedric Nicolas-Troyan to make his directorial debut on "Highlander," having previously served as a visual effects supervisor and second unit director on "Snow White and the Huntsman."

Script by "Iron Man" screenwriters Art Marcum and Matt Holloway.

Justin Lin, now on board as executive producer.

i REALLY enjoyed iron man. having said that how much of that was down to JDR? but its certainly from a better writer than who is writing bladerunner 2. a writer from green latern! :(

i hope they do a decent remake of highlander. the first movie is a classic but looking a bit old now. i will miss the scottish spaniard though ;)

Tom Cruise currently be coveted for the Sean Connery role !

hmmm. not sure its right for him. enjoyed him in edge of tomorrow though.

Nah, his head's much too big. He might topple over during the sword fighting scenes.

Dave Bautista (Guardians Of The Galaxy) to play villain Victor Kruger aka The Kurgan.
The role was originally played by Clancy Brown in the 1986 film.

Excellent, he's perfect for the role.

Crikey, I started this thread in 2008. About time they got on and made the film really :)

you think he has the gravitas of clancy though? i cant see it.

Well, considering the original is wonderful and a remake is completely unnecessary, I'm guessing they're going for the bubblegum/superhero approach with this. Scary looking one-dimensional baddie (he'll certainly look the part), with acting chops as an afterthought.

fair points. i agree it doesnt need a remake at all. still a great movie. clancy was sooooo good as the kurgan though i just cant see others besting him

fair points. i agree it doesnt need a remake at all. still a great movie. clancy was sooooo good as the kurgan though i just cant see others besting him

I really liked Batista in Guardians, but from what I've seen he doesn't have the range to do Kurgan. Take for example Clancy Brown's insane 0-11 performance during the church scene. Can you see Bautista pulling that off? Me neither. Kurgan is one of my all time favourite baddies and probably the most critical casting decision for the remake- I hope they know what they're doing.

I had to google Dave Bautista to see who he was.

After another watch of Highlander a mere 4 days ago, i can't (just judging by the pics) imagine him as The Kurgan.

Whoever ends up in the remake, a number of them have some pretty big boots to fill.

Buatista? Hasn't got the acting talent as far as I am concerned,but then again WHO could fill those shoes?

A remake without the Queen soundtrack just won't be the same. Maybe they should just do a Special Edition of the original & update the effects with CGI? It worked well for the original Star Wars Trilogy lol!

Replacing the charismatic Clancy Brown with what's essentially a bonehead means, I guess, the remake will probably end up consigned to the same place I mentally put all the sequels.
For me, as far as Highlander goes, there really can be only one.

Highlander had sequels? Not in my universe it didnt :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom