1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Highest Quality - VGA or S-vid?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by miketheman2k, Jul 1, 2004.

1. miketheman2k

miketheman2k
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am about to put together a games PC that will run through my panasonic ae100 projector. The PC will have a Radeon 9800Pro which I could connect to the projector via the standard d-sub VGA output or S-video?

Which output will give me the highest quality?

Also, do all PC games support widescreen these days?

Thanks,

Mike

2. jtorry

jtorry
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    VGA will be far superior. As for widescreen most FPS games I have played recently have support for widescreen resolutions

3. tnas

tnas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    s vid is limited to the video standard so for PAL the resolution is 720x576 as optimal, higher it will be compressed !!

SO for sure vga is better
    and the resolution has to be the same than the one from yout projector to make sure that no compression is applied from your projector

to optimize DVI is the best, : digital all though the path !!

VGA : digital in your computer, analog at the db15 socket and so in the cable, and put back to digital in you crt or projector : so for each signal transformation you are loosing quality :lesson: