Question Higher end Chinese projector screens - has anyone bought one?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by HighDefLeopard, Jul 17, 2018.

1. HighDefLeopard

HighDefLeopard
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Have just picked up an Optoma GT5000+ on Prime Day with a view to replacing my 50 inch Panny vt65b plasma in our cinema room (not total blackout in daytime, but reasonably dark) and I am considering an ambient light rejecting screen to improve daytime performance and to boost nighttime contrast. I am considering the Optoma ALR100 but I am concerned that it is a bit pricey.

Having looked online I have discovered a Chinese manufacturer of fixed frame screens called Guangzhou Xion-Yun Audio-Visual Equipment Co Ltd (known as XY Screens) who seem to offer cheaper ALR screens that appear (based on their YouTube videos) to provide comparible performance to the ALR100 at just over half the price. Unfortunately I cannot find any independent reviews or videos to gauge performance and quality.

My question is, does anyone have experience of higher end Chinese projector screens in general or XY Screens in particular?

Thanks in advance.

HDL