1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High Street Game/Movie Pricing!!

Discussion in 'PS Vita Forum' started by aligebes, Sep 3, 2005.

Tags:
  1. aligebes

aligebes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Took a trip into town today, and went looking round the various shops selling PSP gear. Just about had a shock at the prices they are charging.

The shops just appear to have adopted the same pricing structure as the PS2 etc, and sell the games at £40. The cheapest place was selling most games at £34.95.

UMD movies were selling at £17.99 to £22.99 depending on the film.

An official 1gig Sony pro duo was £119.99, while Sandisk was between £79.99 to £99.99

Now I don't know who sets the prices in High Street stores, as I was going to consider buying a game and a movie today, but think I'll stick to online purchases.

One shop( who'll remain nameless tried to tell me that no one either on the high street or online can give a better price as they would then risk the wrath of Sony!!)

What are the prices like on your local stockists of PSP items, are they similar or better than what's mentioned above.

Rant now over, but would be interested to read other forum members views on this subject!!

2. chrislad

chrislad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +143
    Games are nearly 60euro. Which is the same as an Xbox/PS2 game. Which is quite frankly ridiculous.

3. mutamist

mutamist

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +88
    I was going to buy a game or film today but the price put me off, but then I'm used to that with CDs and DVDs now - the internet can bend your perception of what 'normal' prices are and a trip down the high st seems very expensive. Doesn't bother me though - I'll just order from Play, unless anyone knows of anywhere cheaper, especially for films?

4. grumpyguy

grumpyguy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Until the price of UMD movies comes down to £10, I will buy them on DVD and watch on a big screen. I can't justify paying more for a UMD film, to watch on a small screen in stereo.

5. chrislad

chrislad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +143
    Agreed. It's cheaper in the long run to just get a 1gig card and convert.

6. Baron Von Doom

Baron Von Doom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +137
    cheapest ive seen is £29.99 in Argos extra. only the extras stores seem to carry the games (thats what it said in my local argos)
    all other shops in my town are £34.99 for games and about £18 for movie umds