1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

high speed dubbing on E85

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by cuewoz1, Jun 5, 2004.

1. cuewoz1

cuewoz1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have a question about high speed dubbing and the discs which you can do this on. It says on the info that came with it it does 32x speed dubbing but you can't get discs at this speed. Also I tried it on high speed with a 4x disc and seems to work, I did a 2 hr film in about 15 mins. I the tried it again on high spped dub with a 1x disc and it didn't try to high speed dub it? How does it know its a 1x disc ?

2. kenfowler3966

kenfowler3966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    It recognises the abilities of the disk in the drive when it detects it and adjusts recording speed appropriately.

Speed is related to original recording quality.
    IE as at single speed and best xp quality a whole dvd is required for 1 hour of program.

1x speed at xp = 1hour to fill the media, with 4x media and high speed dub = 15 mins
    1x speed at sp = 2 hours to fill media, with 4x media and high speed dub in 15 mins, therefore 8x effectively.

all the way to
    1x speed at ep = 6 hours to fill media, with 4x media and high speed dub in 15 mins, therefore 32x effectively.

However who would want to record the original programme at ep and the resultant low quality on the hard drive in the first place to benefit from this so called 32x ability.

In effect you must record to the HDD at the quality you intend to dub at, and this limits to sp at any reasonable quality, giving a maximum usable high speed dub speed of 8 times.