1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High Speed Dub Problems with E95 ?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Struan, Apr 9, 2005.

1. Struan

Struan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Though most of my High Speed Dub recordings on my E95 have worked fine, I have started, with increasing frequency, to have problems.

A number of recordings fail to HSD – they go so far, then stop – when you check to disc, the title that was dubbing is not shown, but disc capacity is reduced. I have tried a problematic recording on different discs, with no success, so it seems to be problem with the recording, rather than the discs (Taiyo Yuden 8x from SVP). These recording dub OK in real time.

Does this sound like a fault, or could there be another explanation? Could it have anything to do with HDD fragmentation (I have used partial erase quite a lot)?

TIA.

2. maldonian

maldonian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +91
    Hello Struan

I've experienced this on an E85. I have a recording which can be dubbed to and fro between DVD-RAM and HDD, but a high speed dub to DVD-R fails in the way you describe. There is a message saying the dub has failed, but it only stays on screen for a few seconds so you could easily miss it. The data in the HDD file must be incompatible with the DVD-R format in some way. It can be dubbed at normal speed but that involves re-encoding.

Have you seen the thread "E85 problems with corrupted recordings & dubbing to DVD-R"? (http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165983)

I haven't experienced the effect/problem since because I haven't been recording to DVD-R. I've developed the lazy habit of saving programmes on -RAM with the intention of transferring them later to -R but never actually doing it. So my collection of -RAM discs is growing at an alarming rate. A bit expensive, but much less time consuming. For all I know there could be several recordings on them that will not high speed dub to -R.

3. Struan

Struan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks maldonian, I hadn't seen that thread, but it certainly looks like the explanation.

Does anyone know if this problem is common to other makes of HDD/DVD recorders as well as Panasonics?

TIA.