High Res music player & Bluetooth Speaker

garden picnic

Novice Member
Very new to forum. Would greatly appreciate your knowledgeable input. Intend to have garden party, with limited space and without access to mains electricity. Have done some research and am considering the purchase of Astell&Kern AK Jr & Ultimate Ears UE BOOM 2. Like the idea of having high res sound, and weather proof speaker that could be hung from a garden parasol. Would be great to know what components you'd buy, and whether securing high res music is going to be an issue.

Steven

Senior Moderator
No experience but you are probably better off testing with your smartphone as a Bluetooth source first before splashing out on the AK unit and it seems you can only get the UE app on smartphones anyway

According to the website you can daisy chain multiple ue boom 2's together

PartyUp | Group Your Speakers | Ultimate Ears

You may want to use the saving to buy a second boom but I emphasise have no personal experience

muljao

It might be a water to buy a hi Res player just to Bluetooth to a speaker, I dunno.

Why not get the speakers you want, get a month trial of Spotify and see does this suffice, I'd bet it would for an outside party. Hi Res stuff is for close personal listening in my view, ymmv

garden picnic

Novice Member
Many thanks Steven & Muljao. Resolved not invest in high res player (yet), and feed speaker(s) with spotify from phone.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom