High Quality Protable Headphones

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Space347, Aug 30, 2005.

1. Space347

Space347

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello, I am new to the forums and new to the high end headphones market so I need some help. I am looking for some high quality portable headphones, not ear buds, they can be a good size but I do not want to look like a helicopter pilot. I fell into some money but I would want to pay around £75, but they need to durable, I have been known to be tough on headphones. So any help would be appreciated.

2. StevieDvd

StevieDvd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +151
    Cheap but not bad HD201, around about £15, closed headphones, very light, not heavy in the bass department so perhaps not for rock heads.

Senn HD25. (£40-£45 for sp version)
    I had a pair of the HD25sp (British Airways branded) which are a cut down version of the DJ cans.
    If you can pick up a set of HD25 cheap they are rugged and sound real good. I ruined mine trying to make a direct connect cable.
    You can get spare parts for these no problems, new cables, velour pads etc. The HD-25 proper has a much better headband than the HD-25sp which used to bug me a little.

Senn PX100 open style - not tried them

Senn PX200 closed style - not tried them yet.

AKG26P small closed style £27 bit bassy and from reviews the batch quality can vary.

At least someone has responded!

3. sound_05

sound_05

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    PX 100's all the way! you can pick these up cheap and sound spectacular!

4. Fatality_

Fatality_

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, i think the PX 100's would be nice and cheap too.

5. sirlukas

sirlukas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +91
    Forgot about my Koss Porta Pro with an Old School look (no wonder the construction is, correct me if I'm wrong, from 1984). Since then unbeatable (in this range), only recently Senheisser PX100 and 200 equaled (+/- worse or better by some people) the sound quality of KPP. :smashin:

Regards,
    sir