1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High quality pre-amp for stereo

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by TheSeer, Nov 21, 2004.

1. TheSeer

TheSeer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hello all,

I'm looking to buy a high-quality pre-amp for stereo only listening. It will be used to feed a MF A308 Power amp.

The budget is appx £1,000 (new or used) and remote functionality is essential.

The obvious choice is a MF A308 Pre-amp but I'd be very interested in hearing about other options from people.

Thanks

2. Knightshade

Knightshade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Could look to the Linn AV5103. It's a 5.1 but the audio stage is outstandingly good. Available for just over £1000 s/h.

3. 337GUS

337GUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Somewhat biased but the 308 preamp is very good and you should get a used/ex dem one for £1K :)

How about a 308 integrated and then biamp, I have been considering swapping my 308 pre for an integrated 308, I need to get a dem to see if it's a viable option to adding another 308 power.

The Linn 5103 is widely regarded as an outstanding 2 channel preamp however.

4. Timmy C

Timmy C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    I just bought an Arcam C30 that I'm very pleased with but haven't heard the others mentioned here so can't say how it compares. If you're interested you should be able to find an ex display one to fit your budget and it's fully remote control too!