High quality 100 inch pull down screen

JamesP1701

Hi all,

I ve recently upgraded to a 100 inch pull down screen. However, the quality is appalling: curling at the sides, ripples on tbe screen etc.

Can anyone recommend alternatives please? It has to be 100" and looking for ideally pull down suggestions but wouldn't be against tab tensioned. It's to go in front of a wall mounted tv.

My currently 92 inch screen is mounted on the ceiling with a top black border of 50mm which is ideal.

With thanks.

Luminated67

Distinguished Member
Hi all,

I ve recently upgraded to a 100 inch pull down screen. However, the quality is appalling: curling at the sides, ripples on tbe screen etc.

Can anyone recommend alternatives please? It has to be 100" and looking for ideally pull down suggestions but wouldn't be against tab tensioned. It's to go in front of a wall mounted tv.

My currently 92 inch screen is mounted on the ceiling with a top black border of 50mm which is ideal.

With thanks.
Some people have better luck with higher quality screen to not curl but personally I would try and get yourself a tab tensioned screen. Ask some of the dealers on here to see what price they can do you one for and what they would recommend.

In all honesty as with everything prices vary greatly from a few hundred to thousands.

Personally I would jump on this one, at the price it’s a bargain

alebonau

Distinguished Member
there is a lot of rubbish out there ...

something like the grand view which are affordably/reasonably priced will show none of qualities you are seeing with the poorer quality ones. good quality motorised/pul down are made from quite stiff material and also have a heavy weighted bar at the bottom that means there is no need or tab tensioned that adds cost and complexity ...and unnecessary at the size you are talking off :)

JamesP1701

Some people have better luck with higher quality screen to not curl but personally I would try and get yourself a tab tensioned screen. Ask some of the dealers on here to see what price they can do you one for and what they would recommend.

In all honesty as with everything prices vary greatly from a few hundred to thousands.

Thabk you.

Can you advise me how I find some dealers on here?

With thanks.

Luminated67

Distinguished Member
Thabk you.

Can you advise me how I find some dealers on here?

With thanks.
I know @Rickyj at Kalibrate does GrandView screen as a range of his own called DiverseScreens which I own a fixed frame one and frankly it’s exceptional quality.

JamesP1701

Hi again.

I’m looking at either the one you suggested above or this one: celexon screen HomeCinema Tension 220 x 124 cm, 100" – MWHT

Any thoughts,

With thanks,

James

Luminated67

Distinguished Member

JamesP1701

@JamesP1701

Did you find a decent screen? I'm looking and have experienced the same issues as you
There are a coiple on the market at 100", but I just wasn't prepared to take the risk.

In the end I've decided to cough up the money and order a custom build from Ricky at Kalibrate. Currently on order.

Luminated67

Distinguished Member
There are a coiple on the market at 100", but I just wasn't prepared to take the risk.

In the end I've decided to cough up the money and order a custom build from Ricky at Kalibrate. Currently on order.
You won't regret it, his Diverse Screens are superb. :clap:

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom