high power material.

Sly

Prominent Member
Reaction score
hi,
spoke to a guy at http://www.drhscreens.co.uk/ about the screen material they sell and he has sent me through some sample pieces of the differant ones they sell.
i am very impressed with the boost in brightness with their 'high power' material , was wondering if anyone else used this and what the downsides are?

no one?

I have used "high power" material and I found it too powerful for me and so I am now using "slightly less high power material" which is just fine.

:D

what is the material that you are using,
where did you get it,
and how much was it?
also what pj are you using?

Sly said:
what is the material that you are using,
where did you get it,
and how much was it?
also what pj are you using?

The material is "slightly less high powered".

I got it in a shop.

It was quite expensive.

I wear M & S pj's.

Sly

I use a Da-lite 2.8 gain screen with a Sony VW10-HT projector.

It suits me because my pj is in the loft which has a fair bit of ambient light even with the blinds drawn. The extra gain means I can still watch stuff during the day, or in summer evenings. Also the screen is retro-reflective, bouncing any light from the windows back in the direction it came from, thus off-setting any 'washing-out' effect. There is no hot-spot, and the narrower viewing angle that comes with high gain is not an issue as the seating is fairly well on axis.

Total control of ambient light would obviousley be the answer, but where this is not possible, I find the high-gain screen to be a great help.

Harry

i have a blind over my window with lined curtains over the top of that but still get sum light spillage!
how much was your screen btw?

that set up is great!

btw if you are after new speakers , i thought the new versions of the kef eggs that were being demoed at the bristol show sounded good!

Thanks sly. Bought three Kef 5005's eventually for the rear set. They sound fine for that and look really neat - something that pleases my wife!

Harry

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom