High pitched noise in bravia KFL32s2000

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by casagan, Jan 3, 2007.

Tags:
  1. casagan

casagan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

My firts message here, a lot of forum lurking for deciding which hdtv to buy. Finally, I bought a KDL32s2000. I am very happy with its PQ, I have read all the threads about this issue and I think that the results are very good. But these days I am hearing some extrange high pitched noise, intermitent, when watching some dvds or divx through my lacie silverscreen hdd. In some post I recall hearing Lyris telling that he heard the same noise too and though it depended on how much white was on screen. I am not so sure about that. Any one hear the same noise? Is there any solution or should I talk with sony for a fix?

Thanks in advance.

Casagan.

2. casagan

casagan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nobody knows about this? The dvd are played using a XBOX 360 via component cable. It seems that its related to de BBE sound feature, because the sound is less audible if I turn off that feature, but again, Im not sure. I have read other threads talking about the effect of the low backlight, but I would like to know more about this issue

Thanks in advance.

Casagan

3. format

format

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know if this helps but it can't hurt either ... :)

I get high pitched noise when TruSurround XT is turned on. Happens so often that its annoying. Sollution was to simply turn it off.

4. nickjkay

nickjkay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Got one and have never heard any noise at all, even with my head on the beziel.

5. David Mackenzie

David Mackenzie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,312
    Hey Casagan, yeah, my 32V2000 does this occasionally and I think it's to do with how much white is on screen. As you said, the BBE option can affect it, as can changing the volume. Very odd bug.

Ah sorry, it's Sony - I should have said, "very odd hardware feature" :rotfl:

6. casagan

casagan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your answers. In fact, seems like I havent hear that sound since a few days.. I dont know. Yesterday I left the TV on standby mode, and this morning it was making a more audible high pitched noise, so I turn off completely the TV and turned on again, and the noise dessapeared.I think that I should call SONY.... :(