• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

high pitched noise from lg375010

dave?

Standard Member
hi guys, every now and again i get a high pitched noise that comes through the speakers.

i have sky+ connected through scart lead, i have turned down the output volume of the sky box with no luck.

can you help, it's driving me mad.

also, what's the usb port for in the back of the tv? is it possible to carry out a firmwafre upgrade through it in the future?

thanks....

J4CK DANIELS

Established Member
hi guys, every now and again i get a high pitched noise that comes through the speakers.
Try it with nothing connected using only the freeview channels, if it still does it then give LG a call, sounds a bit dodgy to me!....

also, what's the usb port for in the back of the tv? is it possible to carry out a firmwafre upgrade through it in the future?

thanks....

Some LG models can display JPEG's and play MP3's via a USB flash stick and yes that is where an engineer will have to do an upgrade if/when necessary.

rchads89

Banned
Hey i have this model too now, i dont have this problem but i do get it on freeview but i had that on all the tv's i have ever had even on panny's samsung's etc.

Has anyone got any good settings for this tv for gaming on the xbox 360 please??? I was told to keep the backlight down from 30 below. I currently have the colour on 80 would this be a problem for the tv's life or does it not matter what setting you have on?

cdinu

Standard Member
Some LG models can display JPEG's and play MP3's via a USB flash stick and yes that is where an engineer will have to do an upgrade if/when necessary.

Hello Hyperboy, all, do you know what LG models are capable of playing MP3s and displaying photos via the USB port?
thanks

J4CK DANIELS

Established Member
Hello Hyperboy, all, do you know what LG models are capable of playing MP3s and displaying photos via the USB port?
thanks
not sure exactly... best off checking the LG website perhaps? I think the 5000,6000,7000 LCD's support it and the 6000,7000 Plasmas as well.

cdinu

Standard Member
not sure exactly... best off checking the LG website perhaps? I think the 5000,6000,7000 LCD's support it and the 6000,7000 Plasmas as well.
Unfortunately I haven't been able to launch any mp3 or photo from the USB device on my 37LG5000, although on the LG's website featuring presentation, it does say that it can handle. Do you think that there is any restriction regarding the size of the memory stick or it's file system type?

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom